Dream Car Build Thread: My Toyota Supra

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
^^^ Lol

I'm unsure of if you can legally import them, I'm pretty sure it has to be over 25 years old to import but I may be wrong.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They were sold here just like a Camry, no need to import them and all sold here were LHD.
I'm aware of this... We still import a lot of them because an affordable, good condition and all the options you want are hard to find.

Ah, we have a 15yr rule here.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Not to sound like too big of an @sshole, but what the f!ck is a "college aged guy" these days? I mean, wouldn't it literally been easier, not to mention much more understandable, to just give an approximate age?

Well, considering the OP is in college, I assumed he would understand the question. But for future reference, to clarify my extremely vague and ignorant question, I meant a person in the 18-23 age range.

slow90coupe Love the car though man! Its gotta be the same one since we live pretty close to each other. Cant wait to see what you do with it.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Whats wrong with the xxr's? Lol I had the same exact ones on my 97 supra :) Looking forward to seeing the progress made with this car. They are a blast to work on. I did a na-t swap on mine. Hop on the Supraforums. They have a lot of smart people over there with a ton of information.

994253_10153115986190430_2118570680_n.jpg

Lanter

Reaction score
Awesome, can't say enough good things about Supras! For sure one of my bucket list cars.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Whats wrong with the xxr's? Lol I had the same exact ones on my 97 supra :) Looking forward to seeing the progress made with this car. They are a blast to work on. I did a na-t swap on mine. Hop on the Supraforums. They have a lot of smart people over there with a ton of information.

994253_10153115986190430_2118570680_n.jpg

That's a nice looking car! It sounds like you did what I would like to do with this car someday. I've been lurking on Supraforums for years, LOTS of good information over there!

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Here's some of the stock parts I got with the car.

The interior as of right now.

This is what I pulled out of the car. All kinds of stereo wiring that I really don't understand. It's not going to have a radio for a while until I decide what I want to do as far as that's concerned.

The exterior. I started putting the stock stuff back on.

As you can see, the car is ROUGH. It'll need a full repaint to be considered acceptable in my eyes. So I need to figure out if I want to go all out and get it repainted the right way or get it fixed to look presentable to flip it.

On a side note, I haven't driven the car but once. I had the car torn apart within 20 minutes of being home. :( I want to drive it so bad but it looks so rough that I don't want anyone to see it.

turion94

Reaction score
Are you going to keep it Silver? I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Are you going to keep it Silver? I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Silver or white have always been my favorite colors, so I plan on keeping it silver. Although I would LOVE to have an anthracite Supra... so we will have to see.

lutter94

Reaction score
I feel like my car sits just as close to the ground as these do. Are you stance guys usually concerned about removing wheel gap, or ground clearance?

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Sadly, being concerned about wheel gap and/or ground clearance are both incorrect. What people SHOULD be concerned with is PERFORMANCE. If you have optimum geometry and maximum grip with it 8" off the ground (stock mustang), then you should be 8" off the ground. Nothing is optimal in the stock mustang suspension, so please don't leave your mustang high in the air on its factory 4x4 suspension.

I'm just saying that the focus of any and all modifications done to a vehicle's suspension should be to improve handling, not reducing something so trivial as the wheel-to-fender gap.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Blah blah blah performance blah blah blah. I just want zero wheelgap and I'm happy.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly, being concerned about wheel gap and/or ground clearance are both incorrect. What people SHOULD be concerned with is PERFORMANCE. If you have optimum geometry and maximum grip with it 8" off the ground (stock mustang), then you should be 8" off the ground. Nothing is optimal in the stock mustang suspension, so please don't leave your mustang high in the air on its factory 4x4 suspension.

I'm just saying that the focus of any and all modifications done to a vehicle's suspension should be to improve handling, not reducing something so trivial as the wheel-to-fender gap.

Rwbe40A.gif

Anyways.... Ryan, paint the car orange you ****er.

:p

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Lol, when I brought the car home I'm not going to lie, I was very tempted to leave the body kit on it and get it wrapped orange with the graphics and everything. Yes I'm being serious. I've always loved that car, it's the one that got me into cars in general.

CCW's made their way onto the car tonight :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online