Dream Car Build Thread: My Toyota Supra

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I need some wheel opinions. I have two main options I'm looking at right now. First is what I've always wanted, CCW Classics.

Picture017.jpg

And the second option I am looking at is these Work Emotions. The pros to these wheels is they're over $1000 cheaper and I can't find a picture of a Supra with these exact wheels and definitely not stanced to the level I want my car to be. So it would be unique, where the CCW is probably the most common wheel out there.

19842_Work_EmotionXD9-WMB-18x10.0-5x114.3+1_MG01-01.jpg

Opinions???

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not CCW classics, way over played and super lame.

Works or ban hammer.
Lots of dish too

Doodler

Reaction score
Not an import guy at all. But I have a serious jonesing for Supras. Gobs of power can cool looking cars.

...oh, and option #2

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Neither of those choices have an awe factor on a Supra in my opinion. If I had to choose I'd go with the ccw's though. The emotions remind me of an older eclipse.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies guys, I'm leaning towards the Emotions now. Still looking for something else that really catches my eye, as I'm not dead set on anything.

[MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] that's what I'm afraid of, I don't want it to just look meh, I want it to pop and really grab attention. What would you put on it if it was yours?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TE37sl's would be my favorite and HRE 847r/CCW 505a's would be a close second.

The Supra body lines are actually really weird if you think about it. Many wheels will look weird.

Lanter

Reaction score
Fikse profil 5s...... only slightly more than a set of classics
supra.jpg

or the fiske mach v's
supra_2.jpg

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Welllll, I believe I have made my decision. I've been researching for hours trying to determine what offsets will work best on my car, and it seems that everybody either has sunken in battleship fitment or has tiny stretched tires. What I want is aggressive credit card fitment, but with a 315 tire out back. Sooo it looks like I'm on my own to determine the offset I need. I think I've got it figured out and I have made my wheel decision. I'm calling the company tomorrow to see if they'll make the offset I need, but I'm pretty sure they will. The best part is, I haven't seen this wheel in this finish on any Supra but one, but they had stretched tires. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Quick mockup of the lugs with my drag pack and a little camber adjustment.

2 washers on the bottom 2 studs allowed me to imitate about 4 degrees of camber. I don't want to run that much camber, but it did show me that even if my calculations on the offset are wrong, I can tuck them somehow.

Then I went to the engine bay. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Look at all of that room for activities...

And put back together. I was soo tempted to start tearing stuff apart and doing a full wire tuck, but I resisted somehow.

Then I took the wing off (mainly just to clean) and removed the wiper assembly. Much better.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you're going to put the wing back on.
I think they look a bit odd wingless and I like very few of the aftermarket wings... stock ftw.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pick up, my buddy has one, originally tt-6speed car. After he stopped being arrogant about it, I really started to enjoy it lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I really want to have a wingless trunk and have this one with the wing so I could swap them out every few months when I get bored of a look. I think as it sits now it really needs the wing, but once it's slammed it might look better without it... who knows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online