Dream wheel... post up your pics...

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
my dream wheels? the lightest wheel i can get and fit a 8-11" wide drag slick.

why spend more then a few hundred dollars on rims? enless they are super-light, all these 1500$ rims are just going to make you slower.

ryclef331

Reaction score
What if the lightest wheels only came in pink, was shaped like a teddy bear having gay sex with lil richard? would you rock it then? It still has to be pleasing to the eye to go on my car. I used to have two sets of wheels. FR500s for the street and telstars for the track...now its Tel Stars all the time.

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
What if the lightest wheels only came in pink, was shaped like a teddy bear having gay sex with lil richard? would you rock it then? It still has to be pleasing to the eye to go on my car. I used to have two sets of wheels. FR500s for the street and telstars for the track...now its Tel Stars all the time.

yes. i would rock them. My car is teal anyhow :eek:utofcloset:

edit : the great thing is, functional wheels (strong, light etc) are generally not flamboyant because people usually dont buy them because they look badass, they buy them for how they affect the performance of your car.

96sohc

Reaction score
lg_rs5polished.jpg

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Either CCW classics

4-800.jpg

or BBS RK

No pictures for this one. There used to be a very good one of an 03 cobra with those on, but it's no longer online.

Both wheels are super lights, both look like they mean business, both cost about 500 a wheel.

RabidPony

Reaction score
VolkGTU.jpg

Volk GT-U in Gold

2 sets

17x9 and 17x11 for general driving

17x7 and 17x8 for Land Speed Racing

Jono

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
RabidPony said:
VolkGTU.jpg

Volk GT-U in Gold

2 sets

Jono

Although I think those are nice looking wheels... I'm kind of "Old School Mustang" where I think a Mustang wheel should always be a version of a "five" spoke. Anything else looks a bit rice to me.

:(

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
GDawg said:
RabidPony said:
VolkGTU.jpg

Volk GT-U in Gold

2 sets

Jono

Although I think those are nice looking wheels... I'm kind of "Old School Mustang" where I think a Mustang wheel should always be a version of a "five" spoke. Anything else looks a bit rice to me.

:(

im with you, nice rims and all but im traditional as well. if its not a nice pair of 5 spokes it doesnt look right
only other one that i COULD like are the FRPs or whatever they are called.

RabidPony

Reaction score
I'm a 5 spoke person myself but the car is rapidly going to route of dedicated race car and I need a lightweight, forged, multipiece wheel to meet the tech requirements of my sanctioning body.

Jono

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
RabidPony said:
I'm a 5 spoke person myself but the car is rapidly going to route of dedicated race car and I need a lightweight, forged, multipiece wheel to meet the tech requirements of my sanctioning body.

Jono

now i like the drag rims, they look sick as well but i mean for just a street car, 5 spoke traditionally

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ssr- gt3
bmw_m3_ssr_gt3_mon_05.sized.jpg

To bad they cost alot of money, plus the company stop producing them :lame:

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
I like the Steeda Ultra lites but I don't like their blue emblem in the middle of the wheels.

I just found these...

I kind of like them.

RL206_b.jpg

ryclef331

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Either CCW classics

4-800.jpg

or BBS RK

No pictures for this one. There used to be a very good one of an 03 cobra with those on, but it's no longer online.

Both wheels are super lights, both look like they mean business, both cost about 500 a wheel.

Someone lied to you. They DAMN sure aren't super light. I just got back from the TX2K7 Supra Nationals and I could spit without hitting a Supra, Vette, Viper, or Lexus SC300 that was rocking those. They aren't THAT light. They look fantastic but light...you can get better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online