Drifty, floaty sensation at speed

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s probably just me getting nervous but at speed (85+) I swear I feel like the car is getting a fair amount of air underneath it and steering/safety are compromised.
Anyone else get this “at speed”, or is my mind messing with me causing my sphincter to pucker?!!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That’s pretty interesting, especially given your suspension upgrades.

Do you remember what your front end alignment specs are?

I don’t get this feeling in my car and have been up to 152 mph.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That’s pretty interesting, especially given your suspension upgrades.

Do you remember what your front end alignment specs are?

I don’t get this feeling in my car and have been up to 152 mph.
If, by “alignment specs” (please forgive my ignorance) you’re referring to the camber, etc?… I don’t know. When I got the front end realignment after all my suspension mods, he told me but none of it made any sense to me so I didn’t commit it to memory unfortunately:-(

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, those specs are what I was wondering. And White was referring to the spoiler I have on the car. It’s a T1 spoiler, helps with downforce.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, those specs are what I was wondering. And White was referring to the spoiler I have on the car. It’s a T1 spoiler, helps with downforce.
Picture?.

Monday

Reaction score
^^^^lwarrior1016, do you have 18s there?

Was wondering cuz your rear seems lower than mine - the gap I mean.

Couldn't make out any info on side wall.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
^^^^lwarrior1016, do you have 18s there?

Was wondering cuz your rear seems lower than mine - the gap I mean.

Couldn't make out any info on side wall.
Yes, they are 18’s but they are 28” tall tires. 275/45-18’s. It’s H&R sport IRS springs with poly isolators.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa, that’s a lot of rear spoiler!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Bushings are everything to me. Not sure of your suspension setup or mods, but I never run OEM rubber and it's been a long long time since any of my suspension was factory components. Car's been solid on the road ever since and now a days I'm ripping up the autobahn and the European twisty roads. Then again, these cars were never made to have awe inspiring confidence at highest speeds especially when it comes to aero.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bushings are everything to me. Not sure of your suspension setup or mods, but I never run OEM rubber and it's been a long long time since any of my suspension was factory components. Car's been solid on the road ever since and now a days I'm ripping up the autobahn and the European twisty roads. Then again, these cars were never made to have awe inspiring confidence at highest speeds especially when it comes to aero.
I have MM aluminum bushings up front

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would imagine it does! LOL. But as the movie quote from Gumball Rally goes, “what’s behind me… doesn’t matter”!

But what about front end downforce? How can that be improved? I see the newer Mustangs, Camaro’s and Corvettes running around town with these flat, extended spoilers held on by adjustable bolts. Looks pretty convincing
1656945837374.png

Last edited:

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Not all of what you see actually helps the car. Often times it doesn't.

The only guy I've seen (at least in the Mustang community) that has a true sense and direction of how aero should be is AJ Hartman. He's got a youtube channel and his content is pretty amazing actually. Does his own carbon molds and he even retrofit an S550 IRS into a New Edge. All this guy does is race.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Not all of what you see actually helps the car. Often times it doesn't.

The only guy I've seen (at least in the Mustang community) that has a true sense and direction of how aero should be is AJ Hartman. He's got a youtube channel and his content is pretty amazing actually. Does his own carbon molds and he even retrofit an S550 IRS into a New Edge. All this guy does is race.

AJ is a mad scientist

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Then why do all of the racers/cars on the various circuits have them? At all levels of competition?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That's not what I meant. ANyone can slap on a splitter and some rods but it doesn't mean it's correct or even efficient. AJ Hartmann is actually taking his car to the wind tunnel chasing the real thing. Seems to me most street people put stuff on either because it looks cool or they think there's benefit to doing it without truly knowing if it's even working.

When you reference competition you're talking about something completely different. Those are professional teams that are sponsored with big money. I'm sure the components they install are thoroughly tested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online