Driver Side speaker not working. 95 GT.

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
The driver side speaker, Front right, just stopped working. I went to go turn on my radio and all 3 were working except this one. I went through the trouble of removing both front door panels and swapping the speakers. The passenger side door with the driver side speaker kicked on and the passenger side speaker on the driver side door didn't turn on. So the speakers are fine. I put the passenger door panel back together, and now I just have the driver side door panel left out wondering why that one speaker isn't working. I removed my stereo and made sure all the wires were plugged in. I even unplugged them and plugged them back in. Still nothing on the driver door speaker. So now I'm lost. Help?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the drivers side front right...........

do you have the mach system or premium system with the amp below the radio?

OP
OP
Snazzysaucedude

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
Wait I'm sorry. Drivers side left. It's not European. I always get my directions mixed up. The drivers side USA left side speaker is not working.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
completely stock from the deck to the speakers? Swapping speakers was a good start, it tells us there is no signal at the speaker. Now with the premium system the question is, is there no signal out from the deck, or is the signal out from the amp bad?

OP
OP
Snazzysaucedude

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
I'd like to lean towards the amp just because my cassette deck is actually a remanufactured one from ford. But how would I be able to test both of them?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with out a different amp/deck to swap out/test on factory gear its a little hard. On aftermarket amps I would say swap the speaker outputs, or the rca inputs and see if the dead speaker changes location but short of pulling/swapping the pins in the input harness to the stock amp that can't be done that I can think of.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time for a new deck and an amp bypass harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Like they've noted, short of aftermarket equipment testing this issue is immensely difficult.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can understand both the like for the stock look as well as the lack of cost, but in reality the mach amps have become a battery drain to 90% of the cars that they are in and by now the speakers if they are not are going to dry rot pretty soon. A simple deck and 4 speakers is the easiest way to solve all the problems. While it can suck to loose the stock look you like and the money it costs you can't tell me you have not been dreaming of a deck with bluetooth/usb?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online