drivers seat has the wobble

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by x182dan, Jul 21, 2007.

1. x182dan

x182dan Well-Known Member

My drivers seat wobbles back and fourth if no one is sitting in it. Is this a common problem? I checked and all the bolts are tight something in the track must be loose. My guess is that its from getting pushed back in the seat so many times that something either broke or got bent.
    Dan

2. Spd0lit

Spd0lit Active Member

you might want to check all of the brackets where the seat rails bolt down because i had the same problem and it ended up being just a bracket that i rewelded

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

We have weak aluminum tracks that brake easily! Very common problem, they switched to steel on the 99+ it was so common.

4. The Green GT

The Green GT Active Member

On mine the part that bolts to the floor actually broke off the tracks. I have heard that its pretty common. I just took it off and welded them back.

5. x182dan

x182dan Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the input guys. One more question. Can I put 99+ leather seats in my car front and rear without any modifications? My seats are in pretty good shape for a 95 car but I will eventually want MINT seats for the car, also will the gray match 100% or did they change?