Drivers side power seat no worky

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just noticed it today when I went to move my seat. Won't go forward, back, lumbar doesn't
work either. I don't hear the motor working like you normally would. So blown seat motor, is there a fuse for this? I'm just glad I left the seat where I can sit comfortably and reach everything lol. Oh 95 Mustang btw

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Check the fuse. It's under the hood. It should be a 20 amp.

If the fuse is good, chances are either the switch or the motor died. Easiest way to find out would be to break out the multimeter and see if you have voltage at the plug-in for the power seat before doing anything else.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mustang-94-95-Underhood-Fuses.gif

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if the fuse was bad it would have meant it had no function, sounds like it still goes up/down?

If it does then you either have a bad switch or the motor is bad for that function. Start at the switch and take it off and you can see if the contacts are broke off of it.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
if the fuse was bad it would have meant it had no function, sounds like it still goes up/down?

If it does then you either have a bad switch or the motor is bad for that function. Start at the switch and take it off and you can see if the contacts are broke off of it.

No it doesn't move up or down, forward back etc. Doesn't sound like the motor is working to move the seat. Kinda like when your window regulator goes, you hear the motor going to try and make the window go up or down but it won't move. But in this case with the seat motor, hear nada. I'm going to try that one day this week, thank you

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
then as deep said start with the fuse. I would not even bother trying to figure out which one specifically it takes less time to pull/inspect them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online