Driveshaft

cobra5095

Reaction score
Had a guy tell me that when I switch out my gears I should also get the frpp aluminum driveshaft.......is it really going to benefit me to do so, or not really at this point?

S

scarface

do it if you have extra money to blow...if not dont. I dont run one yet.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
after all my reading about this, all i know is that they make your rev quicker. if you have the extra moola go for it. do a search this topic has been discussed here recently :drunk:

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Simply put......................NO

You will see 0 gains from an aluminum driveshaft. Will it help the car? yes. Will you see it on the dyno? No. Will you see the difference at the track? No. Will you feel the difference? No.

If you want to free up some weight get an aluminum flywheel. I felt a big difference when I got mine. However it made my 3.73 gears feel more like 3.90 gears because it made the motor rev so much faster. So keep that in mind.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
where did you get yours? i know for every 1lbs of rotating mass-70lbs stationary.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Mine is a Spec...I got it from the Spec booth at FFW. It was definately alot less weight than stock. The stock one is a BEAST!

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
But on the driveshaft topic...that would definately be my last "I have nothing else to buy" mod.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
It is not necessary when you switch gears, however i disagree with Stopsign32V, i had my t-5 replaced with a TKO, and with it an aluminum ds, i noticed a little less driveline vibration, nothing too big, but enough to notice it.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
of course you wont see more power, but it is a wight savings mod, plus when you get one, you can take off the dogbone on the rear end and save even more weight....i bought one, but the guy's garage got robbed and it was stolen, so im waiting to get my moneey back.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
of course you wont see more power, but it is a wight savings mod, plus when you get one, you can take off the dogbone on the rear end and save even more weight....i bought one, but the guy's garage got robbed and it was stolen, so im waiting to get my moneey back.
uh..is it just me or does it sound like your getting jipped

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
i wouldnt bother with the ds yet. i would, as mentioned above, change out the flywheel. your car will rev up faster. I too have the spec aluminum flywheel.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i got the billet steel so i gont have to worry about the aluminum warping

94venom

Reaction score
I have the aluminum one in mine. I was getting a lot of bad virbration with the factory one. I got a FMS one off of ebay for $130

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online