Dronemaster 44's to Magnaflow Magnapack Mufflers... Part numbers?

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys I have the Flowmaster 44 catback on my car. Drone is unbearable. I have heard that the Magnaflow Magnapack round mufflers are the way to go.

I talked to my exhaust shop and he cannot seem to find a corresponding part number other than a full catback. I want to just replace the mufflers. He says the 44's are offset/offset where as the Magnapacks are straight through. Short of looking under my car which is not near me right now, can anyone confirm this or what they had to do to get the Magnaflow Magnapacks swapped in place of their Dronemasters.

Also if anyone knows what part number they used that would be great.

Cheers,

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Any competent welder could fit these mufflers in place of your flowdisaters.

E4A000D7-9CB5-4357-980C-B0A702179D72_zpslbixiiix.jpg

These are M80's (a terrible, terrible job but it came to me this way) but you get the general idea:

CC36F45B-F4B9-456F-9970-88D2F8034C43_zpsnodnukhm.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with the magnapacks, you should get the oval magnaflow mufflers. They sound much better.

heffe2001

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this exact same thing, just replace the flomasters with magnaflow's, now i know which muffler to buy, thanks..

OP
OP
D

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Thats alot white95!

lwarrior why do you advise against the magnapacks? Overly loud? I heard very minimal drone reviews on these magnapacks..?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Thats alot white95!

lwarrior why do you advise against the magnapacks? Overly loud? I heard very minimal drone reviews on these magnapacks..?

I have no problems with noise lol. My car had an o/r h and slp loudmouth 1 cat back. That was loud.

Its all really just a personal preference. The magnapacks are real crackly and not very clear, while the oval mufflers have more smooth, deep, muscle, rumble and they don't crack up at higher rpm they just get louder.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I love the snarly cracking & popping of my magnapacks! & get tons of "your car sounds so good!" So I'd say don't fear the 'packs if you want them.

OP
OP
D

Dub Jones

Reaction score
I love the snarly cracking & popping of my magnapacks! & get tons of "your car sounds so good!" So I'd say don't fear the 'packs if you want them.

+1 I love the snap crackle pop effect. Sounds nasty

joekd

Reaction score
I ran magnapacks with a catted X pipe, to me it was pretty much the perfect exhaust tone for a 2V

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have had the BBK off road H pipe on for a year now & the 'packs are only getting better! Louder Deeper & more popping...yet they quiet right down when you back off the gas!! Easy to have a conversation! I have one buddy who unconsciously pauses every time I tip into the throttle & waits til I back off. I keep messin with him every time he starts to speak until he finally catches on.....again! But he forgets for next time....hehe.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I have magna packs on my L.....
Super fawking loud..... but the exhaust comes out like right behind the passenger door Lol I guess that's what the slps sound like from behindy car

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
I have a catted H pipe and a Mangnapack catback. Very loud when I'm ripping but decent when cruising. I installed LX Flowmaster tailpipes and it quieted it down somewhat.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Magnapacks for the win! Love em on my 4v with a X

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online