DTC's | Need direction on solution

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
What's up guys,

My has stang been acting up for last month or two! Its funny when your weekend ride becomes your daily for a little while and you start getting little issues with it, oh the joy!!! Moving on...these DTC's I am not familiar with because I haven't really encountered a problem like this before. When the car is in closed loop, on certain mornings it will have a rough idle to shake the car then go away. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and sometimes it does. I really feel it when the car is accelerating in its OD gear at about 1500 rpms. You do not feel it when your on the gas but if I were to get on the gas in any gear between 1500-2000 rpm, you feel the car lose a bit of power sometimes. Here are DTC's below:

P0131 - Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low, Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0155 - Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit, Bank 2 Sensor 1
P1131 - Lack of HO2S11 Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean
P1151 - Lack of HO2S11 Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean

Do you think my O2 sensors are going out? My gut feeling is that there is another issue at hand. I believe there could be minor vacuum leaks around the engine and I need to dig in. I have Bosch sensors if anyone wants to know the brand and they been on the car for almost 30-40k.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is the car shaking/shuddering at 1500-2000? Almost like driving over the rumble strips on the side of the road?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Sounds like a vacuum leak. By the way op bosch o2 sensors are trash. I had one on my 07 gt and it lasted all of 10k miles if that.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
That would be the first thing i do is change O2's then start with the norm, fuel pressure, spark, vac leaks. Grab a can of starter fluid and see if you get an rpm jump while youre hunting.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Is the car shaking/shuddering at 1500-2000? Almost like driving over the rumble strips on the side of the road?

Yep! This is exactly how it feels, and its random too...

Lol....his car has the drunk bumps!

Lol! Hey I keep it sober most of the time

Sounds like a vacuum leak. By the way op bosch o2 sensors are trash. I had one on my 07 gt and it lasted all of 10k miles if that.

Yeah im going with the genuine Ford kind next time.

That would be the first thing i do is change O2's then start with the norm, fuel pressure, spark, vac leaks. Grab a can of starter fluid and see if you get an rpm jump while youre hunting.

When I spray the starter fluid should I spray near vac leaks that I think is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ntk are oem o2 sensors but are half the cost of motorcraft parts. As far as using the starting fluid yes you spray it around the intake. Spray all the vacuum lines and around gaskets inclusing around the intake plenum and throttle body.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nate, when is the last time you flushed the trans fluid? If your car is shuddering the way I described then it sounds like torque converter shudder. It happened to mine and is very common with the 4R70W.

07GtS197

Reaction score
To add to above,

like said its a common problem with the 4r70w and in 98 ford changed their recommended trans fluid from mercon to mercon v. This was fords "fix" for torque converter shutter among other things.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Nate, when is the last time you flushed the trans fluid? If your car is shuddering the way I described then it sounds like torque converter shudder. It happened to mine and is very common with the 4R70W.

I do have brand new fluid in my garage and I'm a little over do for the change. I have a few questions, can you get shudder when the car is stone cold? And how does that relate to the DTC's? Now I want to change fluid even more now lol.

To add to above,

like said its a common problem with the 4r70w and in 98 ford changed their recommended trans fluid from mercon to mercon v. This was fords "fix" for torque converter shutter among other things.

Interesting information. I have amsoil OE fluid that exceeds mervon V specs and can't wait to try it out. It's a dark red/light brown so it's do for replacing anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would get tc shudder at random times but mostly under light load at lower rpm's. I just let up on the accelerator and it would stop. It got progressively worse until I changed to Mercon V.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I would get tc shudder at random times but mostly under light load at lower rpm's. I just let up on the accelerator and it would stop. It got progressively worse until I changed to Mercon V.

I did get this shudder when it was 90+ degrees out in July. I remember going to the gym and pulling in the parking lot and felt my car shaking at 600rpms+/- under foot brake load. I haven't really experienced this issue in cooler weather but the fluid is 10k over due.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online