ductwork for the front brakes from the front bumper...

thorco3

Reaction score
Informative post^^^ I'd go with a nice brake combo for the most bang for your buck. Some times more elaborate/complex setups are just not practical.

With that being said, I've heard of guys going with too much of a "race" pad and not having a enough stopping power on the street because they don't warm up enough.

Moral of the story, do some homework before making too big of changes, obviously brakes are pretty important and nobody wants to total their car from not having stopping power.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Having a brake duct system on an autocross car is a bit excessive. From talking around with experienced guys at events, there is more of a problem with getting the brakes warmed up than getting too warm and they were running higher-performance street pads, not race pads. Cooling the brakes with ducts, that probably wouldn't very effective simply because you won't be moving fast enough to get much air on them, would hurt your braking more than helping.

thorco3

Reaction score
that's a good point, heck for auto-x the longest I've ever ran was like a 1 min flat, maybe a lil over. Unless you guys have significantly longer auto-x courses there's no way your brakes are getting too warm in that amount of time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online