ductwork for the front brakes from the front bumper...

fixthedoor

Reaction score
It seems like it would be a cheap effective mod. What do you guys think?

Downshift

Reaction score
Well if your bored and wanna do it I say go for it, cant hurt.

Duke

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Well if your bored and wanna do it I say go for it, cant hurt.

actually yes it can. You could reduce the heat in the pads enough on the street where they won't won't as well.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
depends on the pads your using, street pads dont work that way....

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
owned lol. Don't the Cobra R's (at least the 00) have brake ducts for the front brakes? They drive on the street just fine.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
so will any car... bmw's and vettes both use brake ducting...

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
I would think the cobra bumpers would be cool just take the fogs out and run ductwork from there to the brakes...And like Duke said, some brake pads work best in certain heat zones that's why EBC has green, red, yellow, etc.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
wow... nice comparison to defend him with.... sorry but you really could've done better

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Since you did soo great on your arguement? No need to be an a$$ about it, Im stating a point. He's not completely wrong, so no need to comment on this unless you have some ideas to help with the question that was presented at the top.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you're running pads that need to be hot to work properly then running cooling ducts is probably going to help you out because your brakes are going to be working their ass off.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
auto_x5.0 said:
Since you did soo great on your arguement? No need to be an a$$ about it, Im stating a point. He's not completely wrong, so no need to comment on this unless you have some ideas to help with the question that was presented at the top.
i was actually trying to encourage you to search around a bit more... ohwell

honestly, doing research on the different types of brake pad material is a great step to learning about the braking system after a basic knowledge has been achieved

ReplicaR

Reaction score
As a proud owner of that kit for several years, I've got some side notes on what it really takes to get that kit to work well

1. When I did the first install, I used a high temp single ply hose. The problem with that is that the coils that hold the hose into shape inside are exposed and if you do an extreme angle, like doing a u turn, or turning at full lock, those coils end up popping off the bead, hose loses it's shape and rubs through. Do yourself a favor, and buy regular temp dual ply hose. Costs about 65 dollars for 12 feet, is good for 350 F, which has never been a problem for me, and coils don't move around, so hose lasts longer

2. Even with the smartest way of routing that hose it will still wear out. I had to move it out of the way, had to shorten the sway bar end links by about an inch, and I was still changing hose every 4-6 months completely

3. After a while of highway cruising street pads tend to cool down a bit too much, which results in severely reduced braking capability. Something I felt immediately when I removed the hoses.

Currently, I'm not running the kit anymore. A few months ago I damaged the hose with 3 days before event, so I had no choice but to remove it. That weekend I found that Brembo kit with race pad does not need any help from the ducts. Back when I was running HP+ and the Cobra kit, it did work very well for me. Point of the story is, if you can afford to put in a real race pad, and you are not lazy like I was to change it at the track, go with that option. It will be cheaper and and more effective. If you wanna show off your cool race car gear that does not do anything until 50mph, get the ducts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online