duh's 03 Blown Vette

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well... I got a deal I couldn't pass up and I figured I'd post it here, because a few of you might appreciate it and really, I needed an excuse to go through all the receipts and get a build list together for this car when I will likely post it for sale like I do everything I own.

A little background on this car and how I ended up with it... a close buddy of mine bought my mom's 06 Trailblazer SS. Truck was clean, pretty much ticked every option box available for that truck except for AWD, and was relatively low miles with around 90k on it we sold it. Before we bought it, it had never even seen rain, but my mom bought it for a daily and it did pretty good for a couple of years. It had minor bolt-ons, little bit of trans work, but mostly stock. Eventually the rearend started making noise and it went in the shop for a couple of months getting a new gear set and after it came back, everything seemed to be falling about on the truck. It developed a problem with the brake system, charging systems, and after bouncing around a couple of shops for a couple of years, we finally had the truck back... and it quickly developed a new noise from the bottom end. In true thank god this shitbox is out of a shop, we did a true old fashioned pro street burnout to see if that knock was going to be a real problem and to our surprise, she held together for a few miles down the road until the rear diff decided to lock up. We had already purchased a replacement truck for this so we decided to sell it cheap and get it out of life and my bud bought it. He slapped a Eaton locker in it and started driving it occasionally. Another friend of ours reached out to him because he had sold a guy a black TBSS in much rougher shape, and that guy wanted another one - this time white and with a very particular list of options and this one happened to tick every box. My buddy reached out to him to try and arrange selling the TBSS to him, but he had another option, and that was trading for this car. The old guy spent a ton of money over the last few years building this car but simply was tired of climbing out of it and had a true LSX sitting on a stand that he wanted to put in a white TBSS to have a pair of opposite trucks. He knew that his car was worth more, but didn't want to deal with trying to sell it so they swapped keys with no cash being handed over.

My buddy enjoyed the car for a few months, took it on the Hot Rod Power Tour with us this year, but decided to do the responsible thing and sell it and make some money off of it as he's working to get debt free. He had a few tire kickers, but he got a little in his head about it and was afraid of selling it to someone that would get killed in the car, offered it to me for a song, and I about ripped his arm off to get the deal done before he changed his mind.

I'll list a full build list, but the TLDR; car is a 03 Base Corvette with 97k miles and sports a top end, East Coast supercharger kit, and a handful of other things putting down 675hp and 555lbft. The car has been a ton of fun so far, and I have some plans to make the car my own and would love to get it out to some AutoX and track day events.

Anyways, on to the pictures and full breakdown.

nc_ohc=EatUOIuvZzwAX-EddGt&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.jpg

Ended up hauling the car home as rain was in the forecast and I didn't want my first trip home in a 675hp car to end wrapped around a tree.

nc_ohc=s9wBBhSl9OoAX_ckh--&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

6ihZQ8&tn=RG_3EP52vMqJlWUp&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpgnc_ohc=OLKZqrtCYOIAX9indFX&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.jpg

Advanced Induction 232CC Cylinder Head work w 2.055" Intake Valve upgrade and roughly 62cc
Advanced Induction Cam - 230/238-113+2 .605/.605
LS6 Intake
East Coast Supercharger Kit - Novi Paxtion 1500L
60# Injectors
ATI Super Dampner
Tuned with HP Tuners
Dewitts Aluminum Radiator
MGW FlatStick Short Throw
MightyMouse Catch Can
Twin Disc McLeod
Z06 Transaxle
Z06 Wheels w NT555R tires
Lowered on stock bolts

Wheels and tires will likely be the first thing I do mod wise. The NT555R do OK hooking up, but they're getting some age on them and really only work on very warm days with a very warm road. Some hood louvers to help get some of that underhood heat out will be coming soon as well. Car really doesn't need a whole lot, other than some maintenance. I've put a couple thousand miles on it already, everything works well and I'm excited to get it around some cones hopefully by the end of the month.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Always loved the C5 body style.

My Dad had an 03 50th anniversary convertible with a Procharger setup very similar to yours that he passed down to me recently. They're loads of fun. But I've never been a fan of the C5 interior quality.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Not much of a vett person
But it is clean and find the right person
Money talks dump it for the right price
Take that money and stick it all on a mustang

Thats just me
But the car dose look clean it would sell for quite a bit

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bet that is a good time. Now how about a video? I want to hear it.

Listen I spent a lot of time trying to get a video attached and struggled. I'll dust the GoPro off and upload some better videos soon.

That’s why no one will remember your name.

I'd much rather not be remembered than be a rotating RIP banner on here lol

Not much of a vett person
But it is clean and find the right person
Money talks dump it for the right price
Take that money and stick it all on a mustang

Thats just me
But the car dose look clean it would sell for quite a bit

I'm normally not much of a Vette guy either, my mom had a nice 74 that I did a bunch of work on and was a pretty good cruiser but not really my flavor. This car is a lot more up my alley, but it's got some faults - mostly GM shoddy build quality, but it is heeps of fun. I'll probably unload the Mystic to go towards some stuff for this car and the 94 Cobra.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Nice duh! Been a few years but I definitely remember the car in your sig.

That's a color you don't see very often too. I've definitely found myself gawking at vettes a bit recently since selling my GT500. Drove a buddies 98 with corsa header back exhaust on it and was really surprised with the corvette chassis in general. Completely different experience than any mustang I've ever driven (which has been a lot to date). His being exhaust only was dullingly slow unfortunately, but I can imagine a blower like you have here would make all the difference in the world.

Looks like a really fun summer daily for sure. Enjoy the fantastic highway cruising mpg in comparison to any mustang too (well, maybe not in your case but thats okay too lol)

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got the car cleaned up Friday by the possibly homeless detailing neighbor to one of my stores... I don't ask too many questions in Memphis... but anyways, stopped and took some pics on the cruise home. It's already covered in sap but it was nice for a day.

nc_ohc=yBKriG7xtuwAX_yuKfM&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=CAO8KojrCoIAX89QAR2&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg
nc_ohc=eCQpnw1L5q4AX95vB94&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg
-RvAUr&tn=RG_3EP52vMqJlWUp&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How many lbs of boost are you running?

I have absolutely no idea. No gauges set up to monitor silly things like that.

It's a standard ECS kits, they make 7-8PSI on stock LS1s, so I'd imagine somewhere in that neighborhood.

I'm hoping to toss one of those fancy N Gauge, or whatever those digital multigauges are called on it to check that stuff out.

Maximum95

Reaction score
Awesome car man. I've always liked the hatch rear end compared to the FRC. I've always loved my SN but there are plenty of other cars out there that deserve equal appreciation. I have come to own a couple GM cars over the years and I love them just as much!

What really sets the Corvette apart is the build quality. My friend has a C5Z. He had the dashboard taken apart, and I was looking around in there. No space was wasted, and all the components are top notch, right down to the framing of the dash. The Corvette is a downright impressive car.

b1pig

Reaction score
A man should branch out. A little LS in one's life can be a good thing. Variety. My Jeep and my motorcycle never get jealous of me spending time the Mustang.

Pretty certain my wife would not feel the same if I spent some time with another lady.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online