Dumped Flows or SLP LM2s

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i have longtubes, MAC o/r H, and 2 Chamber Flows...and i have SLP LM2s in my closet.

But i cant decide on what i want to do..i cant find any exhaust tips that i like and i think the SLPs will be way too loud to run without a ful exhaust behind it. So either A) i can continue to search for some good tailpipes and use the SLPs or B) i can take a saw to my exhaust and cut off the back half and keep the Flows and sell the SLPs....What should i do? :dunno:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dumped LM2's?

I'd go with the dumped flows

PS: 1k posts!

06mustang88

Reaction score
i dont think dumped flows will sound anywhere near as good as your LMII's with an o/r H. what's wrong with their tips? i think they're one of the better ones out there.

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would love to have slp tips but there are crazy expensive.... :'(

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
crazy expensive? really? shyea i know :slap: ...

dude what kinda jiberish are u talking? keep everything u have and just switch ur flows for the SLP LM2s... u wil not be dissapointed.. nooooo you will not...

car will sound so badass its not funny... just switch the catback and be done with it.. end of story... put um on my car and i have no regretted it and i cannot wait until i throw on LTs to hear my car ROAR down the damn road and let everyone know it!!! WOOOOTTT :banana:

just listen http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/MrJangles/?action=view&current=DeathEaterShiftymobileHQ.flv

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
dumped flows sound good but they rob HP...

what if i did what KB did and cut off the pipe after it goes over the axle?

ck5.0

Reaction score
Have you had the LMII 's on your car yet. Bro they are loud as hell. Sell the flows and use that money to help pay for the tail pipes. Do you mean cut the pipe on your flows? Do you have a flowmaster catback set or do you have flows welded into the stock pipes?

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ck5.0 said:
Have you had the LMII 's on your car yet. Bro they are loud as hell. Sell the flows and use that money to help pay for the tail pipes. Do you mean cut the pipe on your flows? Do you have a flowmaster catback set or do you have flows welded into the stock pipes?

they were on the car when i bought them...me and my friend were looking at it when we were putting on the springs and we can decide if it a catback or just weld-ins..i thought they were weld-ins onto a 99+ stock catback because the tips look like 99+ and he said he has never seen such nice welds on welded in mufflers. :dunno:

here is a pic that shows the tips.
FR500s002.jpg

ck5.0

Reaction score
What year is your car? If its a 98 I am fairly certain that the 98s use the same hangers as the 99+ and that the catback for those years could be the same (anyone know this for sure?). On my fox my flowmaster catback was completely bolt up, no welding at all.

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ck5.0 said:
What year is your car? If its a 98 I am fairly certain that the 98s use the same hangers as the 99+ and that the catback for those years could be the same (anyone know this for sure?). On my fox my flowmaster catback was completely bolt up, no welding at all.

its a 96...im like 99% sure it just a 99+ stock catback with welded in flows.

ck5.0

Reaction score
Thats crazy. I didn't think that the hangers on the 99+ fit our cars. Oh well. Any ideas on what you want to do?

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ck5.0 said:
Thats crazy. I didn't think that the hangers on the 99+ fit our cars. Oh well. Any ideas on what you want to do?

the hangers dont match, the previous owner must have had a shop weld some up, because i can see part of the old hangers on the tailpipes...i think im gonna try and find a cheap SLP catback or maybe go with side exhaust. :dunno:

ck5.0

Reaction score
If the flows are in good shape and can be cut off nicely I might have someone that can give you some cash for them to go to the Buy 19mustang95 a catback fund. :thumb:

ck5.0

Reaction score
I don't know I will email him, give me a ball park. I will ask him about the entire catback.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online