Dyno day car photoshoot

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
My tuner had a dyno day/open house yesterday, and a buddy of mine showed up and brought his Cannon t2i camera (along with his Sti subaru, ha!) and shot some pretty sweet pics. These are just a small portion of the pics he took, but they all turned out very well. There were a bunch of badass cars that showed up. Mustangs of all generations, LS powered anything and everything, Cadillacs, bikes, etc, a really good turn out.. AND to top it off, long story short I found several valve seals leaking on my car, so I fixed those and my car put down 495 rwhp (Increased from 478 a month ago).. and this was on a 95 degree day versus 75 degrees a month ago, so that was icing on the cake for me.
Anyway, onto the pics. I'll start with some of the other cars, then whore it up with mine.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score

The brief rundown of some of the cars in the photos:
Orange C10 Farm truck = twin turbo'd 5.3 LSX (did not dyno, power numbers unknown)
2 door Cadillac CTS-V = 'CADZILLA' I believe built motor + Nitrous (820 rwhp)
4 door Cadillac CTS-V = stockish + exhaust (440 rwhp)
Datsun 280z = Turbo'd 5.3 LSX (545 rwhp)
Silver Trans Am aka 'Freight-Train' = Built 5.7 LSX + 84mm turbo (has done best of 1220 rwhp, but recent unsolved issues only net a best of 909 rwhp)
Lincoln Mark 8 = My tuners car, built motor+Vortech+Methanol+runs on 100% ethanol (691 rwhp)
90s Firebird = Turbo'd 6.0 LSX (920 rwhp)
96 Mystic = built motor, 76mm turbo (621 rwhp)
'68 Mustang = built 377 Stroker + Procharger D1sc (untuned, numbers unknown)

Questions/Comments Welcome!

aces ST

Reaction score
Lots of nice cars there. I might have missed it but what did you dyno at? Def have seen one or more of those cars on youtube.com

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I came for the mystic. My heart is now melted lol

PS

If you listen closely, you can hear that Z melting, even through the pics ;p

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

1588771-dat.jpg

62427920d4a63d602e27104b37e9ad936efc8e235a6d0179fe1ae5bd28141531.jpg

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Looks like fun! And cool to see cars that are all over YouTube

Yes, sort of like seeing 'celebrities' in real life. ha. Unfortunately, most of the guys I've met that own the 'youtube famous' high hp cars have a certain arrogance to them that I just can't look past. Everyone else was really cool, I bs'd with just about all the mustang guys there, as well as plenty of other types of cars owners.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Lots of nice cars there. I might have missed it but what did you dyno at? Def have seen one or more of those cars on youtube.com

Saturday I dyno'd at 495 rwhp. Since it was just like a 'power shootout', neither rpm nor related torque were recorded (which I was kind of disappointed about).. I stop by his shop about once a week, so maybe one of these evenings when the temp is lower and there is less humidity, I can throw my car up on the dyno and see some low 500 hp numbers... :headbang:

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for Mark 8s. Theres a few blown ones rolling around, so badass

He's had his for several years now, slowly making it faster and faster. I took a ride in it on saturday, and it is ridiculously fast. Definitely a weird feeling getting up to 120+ in a block or so in a car that big.
He used to have a custom tag on it that said 'EATS50S' (Eats 5-ohs), and I saw him in a parking lot and started talking to him about it, and I've known him ever since. Ha

Barner1

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome turnout. Your car is looking great! The turbo-spool on the "fr8trn" T/A sounds amazing on youtube. Once I heard it, I was a fan ever since. Thanks for posting!

punched281

Reaction score
Yes, sort of like seeing 'celebrities' in real life. ha. Unfortunately, most of the guys I've met that own the 'youtube famous' high hp cars have a certain arrogance to them that I just can't look past. Everyone else was really cool, I bs'd with just about all the mustang guys there, as well as plenty of other types of cars owners.

That doesn't surprise me. Bummer...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
He's had his for several years now, slowly making it faster and faster. I took a ride in it on saturday, and it is ridiculously fast. Definitely a weird feeling getting up to 120+ in a block or so in a car that big.
He used to have a custom tag on it that said 'EATS50S' (Eats 5-ohs), and I saw him in a parking lot and started talking to him about it, and I've known him ever since. Ha

Awesome lol. My dad has a 95, always wanted to make it fast LOL. They have balls stock, but with the right setup they're insane machines. Can't beat a really comfy luxury coupe, and a ton of power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online