Dyno results - 98 cobra

Lanter

Reaction score
Dyno results are in. After 10 years of ownership and 4 years of building the car it's done, well almost done. Couple small issues and things I would like to upgrade but that's how it goes lol.

Car:

Setup:
Built teksid w/ stockish B heads and cams
McLeod RXT
T56 magnum
2003 IRS
Glenn's gp1000 fuel system w/ 80lb injectors
On3 gen II turbo kit with Turbonetics 78mm and Precision PW39 wastegates
e85 on 18 lbs of boost and 17 degrees of timing. (tried to run 20+ lbs but ran into spark blowout)
Lee Blankenship tuned

Dyno video (12lb pull where it made 560hp)
[video=youtube;VNVSrSvhqZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNVSrSvhqZ4[/video]

Results:

700 rwhp/681 rwtq at 6000 rpm and 18-19 lbs of boost. Mustang dyno and Blankenship tuned!

Can't say enough good things about Lee and all the care and attention he spent tuning the car. Once I get the ignition issues ironed out and the small exhaust leak found and fixed I will be taking it back to Lee to tune for high boost but until then there's a couple smaller projects I would like to do and most importantly finally enjoy the car after all these years building it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
(shake head)

You at Blankenship and didnt let us know!!

(shake head)

Great results though!!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice numbers!
Especially since I think mustang dynos can be a bit stingy with numbers compared to other dynos.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
(shake head)

You at Blankenship and didnt let us know!!

(shake head)

Great results though!!

Haha no once I got down there I was so nervous letting people know wouldn't have crossed my mind lol.

Nice numbers!
Especially since I think mustang dynos can be a bit stingy with numbers compared to other dynos.

Thanks man. Yea I've heard that a couple times now. Something like 5-15%. I wouldn't mind throwing it on a dyno jet just to see but that have to wait for a dyno day where the cost is low.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As has already been stated, Mustang dynos definitely have a tendency to under rate. That's awesome. Once you get everything ironed out I bet it would make even more impressive numbers! But it probably feels like a rocket ship as is :) Great job dude!

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
As has already been stated, Mustang dynos definitely have a tendency to under rate. That's awesome. Once you get everything ironed out I bet it would make even more impressive numbers! But it probably feels like a rocket ship as is :) Great job dude!

Yea if I get the ignition sorted I don't see any reason it can't make a fair bit more but it's more than fast enough as is. Pulls like I couldn't believe lol. It also made 700 at 6k which is where we shut it down but if you notice it's still making power or the graph is still sloping upward so there's probably a couple more heading out to 6.5k.

Thanks man!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can definitely tell it's no slouch, and you don't make numbers like that with a crappy build. Really good job dude!

hottwheels04

Reaction score
wow killer setup and nice cobra! AND HOLY SHIT awesome power! thing must rip!

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score

neverenuff

Reaction score
Impressive numbers Lanter! Bet that thing hauls the mail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Congrats sir.

Btw, needs more low.

Thanks, yea it certainly could lose a bit in the front. Unfortunately I drive a lot of roads that are far from smooth lol. I do think I'll bring the front down a bit though.

Impressive numbers Lanter! Bet that thing hauls the mail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks! It moves pretty well lol, not sure how it will stack up with some of these newer cars but for now it feels like a rocket ship to me lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online