dyno #s

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Monsterbishi said:
I'll be running our '94 GT up on a local Dyno before we touch anything, with 27,000 miles on the clock, she should be pulling as much as when she rolled off the line.

let me know what kind of numbers you get. i think the 94/95 5.0's were supposed to have the same factory hp as the 96/98 (like 215) :dunno:

As promised, we ran the car on the dyno today, using Dynapack hub dyno's we got 137.54whp/179ft-lbs torque, with a epic smell of rotten eggs filling the shop, some I'm fairly sure the cats have done their dash.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Monsterbishi said:
As promised, we ran the car on the dyno today, using Dynapack hub dyno's we got 137.54whp/179ft-lbs torque, with a epic smell of rotten eggs filling the shop, some I'm fairly sure the cats have done their dash.

ouch!!! that doesnt sound right... guess those bad cats were holding it back a little :eek:

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Yeah, we ran it up 4 times to make sure, first run was 133hp, then it jumped up to 136, then 137, and finally 137.54, I'm thinking it was blowing bits of crap out of the cats on each run.

98GTSTANG

Reaction score
Monsterbishi said:
Yeah, we ran it up 4 times to make sure, first run was 133hp, then it jumped up to 136, then 137, and finally 137.54, I'm thinking it was blowing bits of crap out of the cats on each run.

What kind of car were you getting dyno'ed with those numbers???

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
98GTSTANG said:
Monsterbishi said:

As per previous posts, and in my sig, a '94 GT Coupe AODE

ALITL8

Reaction score
Monsterbishi said:
98GTSTANG said:
Monsterbishi said:

As per previous posts, and in my sig, a '94 GT Coupe AODE

those #'s are really low (even for an auto ;)), put some fresh cats and mufflers on there and run it again. hell maybe you can just borrow a set from a freind if you plan on upgrading anyway :dunno: you should be pulling at least 175 to 190 rwhp, STOCK!!

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Considering there's only about 6 SN95's in the country, I won't be borrowing a set anytime soon, am just going to grab some mandrel bends and straight section and re-make the exhaust this weekend in the way it should be, no cats, a couple of decent resonators, and a freeflow muffler.

ALITL8

Reaction score
yep, i could see where borrowing isnt going to work for you LOL you should get some better #'s once you replace that exhaust :thumb:

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
A quick update on why my car made such low power, had it round at a friends place today cutting out the evil catalytic converters, thinking they may be blocked up causing the deficit, but no, before we started we chucked a timing light on it, and it turns out the car was running a stately -1 degree base, so we tweaked her back to 10 degree's and what do you know - more power!

Only got round to ripping out the rear cats, since the studs that hold the h-pipe to the headers were well rusted so we couldn't undo them, but there's now a much more v8-ish sound coming out the tailpipes, plus some extra power.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
lol . . . yep, ya ain't gonna make a lotta power with -1 degree timing. Get those cats out and dyno that bitch again!!

94GreenMachine

Reaction score
DynoResults.jpg

I had my car done at CPR Racing out of Charlotte. I only wish they would have gave me a baseline to compare with the final so I could have seen how power I pulled out of the tune.

ALITL8

Reaction score
nice numbers!! looks like a little over 310 max. rwtq too :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online