dyno #s

Suspect

Reaction score
so whats everyone putting down? i went awhile back and was kinda upset with the numbers i got. then again i noticed alot of people werent putting down what they thought they were. i guess it was a learning experience. im not even sure if they were bad for my year. i just expected more. well heres what i came out with..

i had 3 runs. 1st one was around the same as the other 2. i only have one printed out on the graph and the other i wrote down. i really wish they would have printed all 3.
209hp 274tq
207hp 280tq

its a 94gt
10*
bbk cai
bbk 65 tb
bbk pullies
fr shorty headers
bassani catted x
bassani catback

what do u guys think? i guess really the only thing that bothered me was why no horsepower?

since then ive moved the timing and added a TF street heat. which it does feels alot stronger now. i might go ahead and go again just to see if ive gained. if not then the next time i go will be when i get a set of heads and im sure ill gain then.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
i figure someone might ask so i went and dug it up.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/kidala630/Mustang/dyno.jpg

like i said its only 1 run on there. actually he completely forgot about my sheet and i was busy bs'ing with some and had to go ask him. also i was the one who did all 3 runs. i thought they were suppose to do it. 4 sure next time ill be going somewhere else.

Peter

Reaction score
suspect that seems kinda low to me I dunno why....

and I will have numbers soon after the motor is done

Im hoping for something around 400/400

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
yea i thought they were too. but it was my 1st time ever and its also my 1st mustang, so im still learning. my hp #s were the lowest there :nonono: that day. but my tq numbers were pretty close with everyone elses. there were guys with new mach1s that were dynoing around 280/290 none of them made over 300. everyone thought something was wrong. well i take that back a cobra showed up and did something close to 500 and he was at where he thought he should be.
i does feel alot stronger then back then. im not building it for big numbers, i just want a fun and fast street/track car. but i might go back for shits and giggles. well see what she does at the track, since it opens this weekend. as long as i can beat a 14.9 then im good. thats what i did when i 1st got it with just flowmasters. ill post up when i go! :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had mine run Monday I put down 272 and 280...........STOCK My Cobra is in the shop now getting Longtubes, x pipe, flowmasters, pulleys and a few other drivetrain parts. When I take it back to the dyno for a custom tune with SNIPER software (after a few more hp mods) Im looking for 320 to 330 at the tires.

ALITL8

Reaction score
well Suspect dont feel too bad... my numbers are a little lower than yours. youve done a lot more to your motor than i have though. mines a 97 4.6 with 158K miles, stock exhaust with the cats removed and flowmasters, k&n cold air and gears. i think you should have put down way more hp :dunno:

anyway here's my dyno sheet, laugh all you want :-\

gtdyno1-14-06.jpg

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Don't be put off by a low power reading on the Dyno, there are too many environmental variables that mess with it on the Dyno side of things.

Dyno's are best used in this instance for measuring before/after mods, focus on the torque curve - the wider you can get it at the top, the better - that gives you the peak range for the gears.

I'll be running our '94 GT up on a local Dyno before we touch anything, with 27,000 miles on the clock, she should be pulling as much as when she rolled off the line.

Oh yeah, and remember, auto's read differently to manuals too.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Monsterbishi said:
Don't be put off by a low power reading on the Dyno, there are too many environmental variables that mess with it on the Dyno side of things.

Dyno's are best used in this instance for measuring before/after mods, focus on the torque curve - the wider you can get it at the top, the better - that gives you the peak range for the gears.

I'll be running our '94 GT up on a local Dyno before we touch anything, with 27,000 miles on the clock, she should be pulling as much as when she rolled off the line.

Oh yeah, and remember, auto's read differently to manuals too.

let me know what kind of numbers you get. i think the 94/95 5.0's were supposed to have the same factory hp as the 96/98 (like 215) :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes the 94-95 302 cars were factory rated with the same 215hp that the 96-97 modular cars were. In 98 the GT got 10 more for a total of 225. Most stock 94 to 97 auto GT's will dyno around 160hp.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Most stock 94 to 97 auto GT's will dyno around 160hp.

my car is a 5 sp and, for the most part, is stock. the only thing thats different is CAI, cats removed and gears. i guess my hp is right about where it should be.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Snakebit said:
Most stock 94 to 97 auto GT's will dyno around 160hp.

my car is a 5 sp and, for the most part, is stock. the only thing thats different is CAI, cats removed and gears. i guess my hp is right about where it should be.

yea your numbers sound fine for your car

redripper

Reaction score
At MD motorsporrst I made 331 hp and 371 torque on a dyno jet. thats the old combo new combo should be up in the next month.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
redripper said:
At MD motorsporrst I made 331 hp and 371 torque on a dyno jet. thats the old combo new combo should be up in the next month.

what do you have and your mods?

98GTSTANG

Reaction score
I put down 196RWHP and 266RWTQ the other day. Allright for 71000 miles. Was hoping to break 200 though. Mods are listed below.

ALITL8

Reaction score
98GTSTANG said:
I put down 196RWHP and 266RWTQ the other day. Allright for 71000 miles. Was hoping to break 200 though. Mods are listed below.

add an o/r h-pipe and you'll be there. i put down 203.2 rwhp 279.6 rwtq with my 97 and the mods listed in my sig minus the pullies. my o/r h-pipe is just a stock pipe with the "6" cats removed. also, when i ran on the dyno i had 157,000 miles on it ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online