Dyno #s

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
Just got back from the Dyno and had a best of 282hp and 326 ft-lbs. HP peaked at 5200 and fell sharply after that. I was told its probably valve float. The TQ peaked at ~3700. Anyways, here is the combo

Twisted Wedge heads
Cobra Intake with Ported Lower
Crane 2031 cam
1.7 Roller Rockers
3/8'' Intake Spacer
70mm TB
CAI
75mm MAF
24# Injectors
Underdrive Pulleys
No Smog pump (shorter belt)
BBK Longtubes
BBK offroad H-Pipe
Flowmaster Catback
18* base timing (running 93 octane)

Other misc stuff that wont make a difference in numbers: Summit coil, FRPP wires, plugs gapped at .050, UPR short throw shifter, 3.73 gears, Weld Prostars with 276/60 M/T DRs and skinnies, Upper/Lower control arms, Battery relocation, weighs about 3450 with me in it.

So far my best time this year has been 13.0 @ 105. I ran that with a 1.78 60'

Brian

stang94X

Reaction score
hate to sound like a smart ass but 3.73's do make a difference in tq #'s on a dyno, but overall your dyno numbers seem pretty good and your track times are pretty damn good, we have basicly the same setup but mines an automatic with gt40X heads with the stock cam and i only made 275 hp and 300 tq, thats with the stock gears also, but i now have 4.10's, but good job on the times, i'm going to the track next week and i just hope i can hit that low in the 13's

OP
OP
R

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
Thanks. Just got a 12.82 @ 108 this Wed. Night. I ran a bunch of high 12s at 108 actually. I also took runner up is the stock class (bracket racing). It was my first time bracket racing so Im pretty happy. 60's are still in the 1.75-1.85 range though. Need to drop them so I cant gt deeper into the 12s

Brian

OP
OP
R

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
Power peaked at ~5200 and dropped off right after that. If I were able to rev more there probably would be some more HP. My cam isnt the greatest either. Im looking at getting better springs and possibly a different cam.

Brian

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
red95gtcoupe said:
Power peaked at ~5200 and dropped off right after that. If I were able to rev more there probably would be some more HP. My cam isnt the greatest either. Im looking at getting better springs and possibly a different cam.

Brian

well thats what I was going to say, I would get at least another 500 rpm out of this combo. The best thing would be a custom grind but im sure you can find a off the shelf cam that would work well. Along with springs get that power peak closer to 6k. Nice numbers and times anyway

M

musclemustang94

what cam are you using? Please tell me its not the stock one haha. If your heads are fairly new and you bought them assembled, I doubt your valves are floating. Unless you have the stock rockers...if its the stock cam then thats why power fell off so sharply. If your cam IS the stock one i bet you'll pick up another 30 horse with a new one.

OP
OP
R

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
Its a crane 2031. The heads are used and you can tell they are floating when they rev to 5200. You not only feel the power loss, but you can hear them floating. I already bought some upgraded springs and might get a different cam while Im at it.

Brian

M

musclemustang94

Ah i see. You didn't say if your heads were new or used. A friend of mine had a fox with a fresh shortblock from FRPP, the turbo swirl heads, an F-cam, and a gt40 intake. He made 300whp and 330ft lbs. Keep me posted on how it turns out because I am eventually planning on investing in a KB Cobra, but for now I wanna put a nice top end on my car this winter on a fresh shortblock and drive my car for another year, so I am tryin to learn as much as i can before i lay down my skrilla.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online