Dyno tune in Phoenix area???

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Where are you local guys having your cars tuned? I called ADC but when I asked about tuning my auto tranny; I received some hesitation and was asked if the AODE could be tuned. That concerned me as the AODE is computer controlled and the shift points and line pressure can be adjusted via a tune.

I've been eyeballing Dyno Solutions. I have a Moates Quarterhorse and Dyno Solutions advertises that they are certified for Moates, but they are pushing SCT. So now I have this worthless Moates in my car. Nothing is ever easy in this town. LOL!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Modern performance and tuning, used to be called Foxbody performance specializes in the old pushrod.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Modern performance and tuning, used to be called Foxbody performance specializes in the old pushrod.

Isn't that the guy who can't even keep his own $hit running? What's the count now...4 engines? Last time I knew; Chris wasn't a certified tuner. He told me that he learned to tune on his own via the internet. Thanks for the suggestion but no thanks.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Lol good stuff. I wondered what happened to them didnt know tehy changed thier name .... Tuning is not that easy.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Isn't that the guy who can't even keep his own $hit running? What's the count now...4 engines? Last time I knew; Chris wasn't a certified tuner. He told me that he learned to tune on his own via the internet. Thanks for the suggestion but no thanks.
LOL, sorry I wasn't aware of all that. I just knew he worked on pushrods. I guess he's better at installing parts lol.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Contact AMP. They will direct you in the right direction and get you taken care of. No, they don't tune, but they are one of the best options you have in the valley in regards to being an all Mustang shop.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Oh yeah AMP, they quoted me $500 for a time sert in my 96 cobra. I have never heard a single good thing about them from anyone I have ever talked to in person. AZMP is night and day better than those snakes.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Contact AMP. They will direct you in the right direction and get you taken care of. No, they don't tune, but they are one of the best options you have in the valley in regards to being an all Mustang shop.

Seriously? There's a sucker born every day and their existence is proof of that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ever get one of those strange feelings when your in a shop and talk to them for a while? Just caaaaaaaaaaaaan't put your finger on why but it just feels strange or not right? That was the feeling I got the 2 times I was in aamp and later heard some stories that were not happy endings. I wasn't really happy with the work done at the mustang shop myself. I think they are/were into classics and not into anything as modern as my 94. They don't do tuning but just wanting to let you know in case your in chandler and was curious. ADC took good care of me though, then again I moved from phoenix over 5 yrs ago now so thing might have changed.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Ever get one of those strange feelings when your in a shop and talk to them for a while? Just caaaaaaaaaaaaan't put your finger on why but it just feels strange or not right? That was the feeling I got the 2 times I was in aamp and later heard some stories that were not happy endings. I wasn't really happy with the work done at the mustang shop myself. I think they are/were into classics and not into anything as modern as my 94. They don't do tuning but just wanting to let you know in case your in chandler and was curious. ADC took good care of me though, then again I moved from phoenix over 5 yrs ago now so thing might have changed.

I know the feeling well. It's even worse when I ignore that guy instinct and get shafted. I'm too trusting.

GT3FC

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but bad stories about AMP tuning mustang. Even them just working on mustangs. I have gone there once and that's because CPR was out of nitrous. Anyways I would talk to Jay at AZMP he swill point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but bad stories about AMP tuning mustang. Even them just working on mustangs. I have gone there once and that's because CPR was out of nitrous. Anyways I would talk to Jay at AZMP he swill point you in the right direction.

I've heard nothing but good about Jay. Definitely the only shop on the west side that I'd consider. I'll give him a call. Thanks.

GT3FC

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good about Jay. Definitely the only shop on the west side that I'd consider. I'll give him a call. Thanks.
no problem. I believe one of his friends or someone he knows just opened up a dyno shop somewhere here in the valley.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
no problem. I believe one of his friends or someone he knows just opened up a dyno shop somewhere here in the valley.

That would be nice. These SN95 cars aren't easy to tune with their 40% adaptive learning capability. It definitely takes a tuner with skills.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online