Dyno Tune

Gustang

Reaction score
hey guys, i either want to get a chip or a dyno tune, but im thinkin a dyno tune is the way to go. how much is a dyno tune going to cost me? right now i have l/t headers, o/r x pipe, and flowmaster cat back. in the future i will look to get gears so is it worth tuning it now or do i need to wait till i get gears? also am i going to feel a big difference after the tune?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would get a dyno tune if I were you. On my 98GT I had it tuned on the dyno and the shop used Diablo chipmaster software, it wasnt the best product to use but it did the job. When I get my cobra done im taking it to Modular Powerhouse in GA, I dont know what they use.......but they are suppose to be the BEST place to have a modular ford tuned at.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
for your current mods its not really worth it, you will probaly gain a bit but its best to have a few internal mods then get a AFPR and play with your fuel pressure & timing etc.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya a dynotune with your minor mods isnt going to do much, especially considering the cost of it. Id get gears first thing and not even worry about a tune until you get some major mods (heads,power adders etc.)

ryclef331

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I would get a dyno tune if I were you. On my 98GT I had it tuned on the dyno and the shop used Diablo chipmaster software, it wasnt the best product to use but it did the job. When I get my cobra done im taking it to Modular Powerhouse in GA, I dont know what they use.......but they are suppose to be the BEST place to have a modular ford tuned at.

Why go all the way to GA? There are more than a handful of capable tuners locally in NC....

Wayne's Dyno (yeah he's a small shop, but he isn't dumb)

FASTLANE Motorsports (ABOSOLUTELY GREAT customer service and a WEALTH of knowledge on all things Mustang....HIGHLY reccomend. Their customer's cars speak for themselves)

Randy Haywood Custom Speed (The name should say it all)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Snakebit said:

Why go all the way to GA? There are more than a handful of capable tuners locally in NC....

FASTLANE Motorsports (ABOSOLUTELY GREAT customer service and a WEALTH of knowledge on all things Mustang....HIGHLY reccomend. Their customer's cars speak for themselves)

OK Ill start with Wayne's Dyno........that is where I had my 98GT done at, Wayne is a nice guy but I didn't feel completely comfortable with him :dunno: I don't know why...I just didn't.
Second FASTLANE Motorsports....... ;D ;D I know YOU are up in Jacksonville but if your into mustangs in Southeastern NC YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE HEARD OF BUD ANDERSON AT SOME POINT IN TIME. He is a personal friend of mine and the guy that does all my work, his shop Anderson Motorsports / Mustang Connection is here in Leland NC. Any way he sold his drag car to a guy that is somehow tied in with Fastlane motorsports. If you visit Coastal often over the last 10 or 15 years you have seen his car. It was a pink/purple mix GT usually in the 9's in the quarter but he had a new engine in it shortly before he sold it that was capable of going 7's. Ill make this summary quick, there was a problem that developed with the engine ( you will have to forgive me I cant remember exactly what it was ) but anyway it was either leaking water/oil/transfluid or someting like that. It had done this on more than one occasion. They take it to Coastal Plains, run the car.....it leaks. Instead of taking the car back to their shop they run it again...............and hit the wall :nonono:. I wish I could recall the specifics of this but it was about 2 years ago now and I cant. This case plus a few other things I have heard about them, killed me doing any kind of business with them.

And third Randy's place in Raleigh......I have NOTHING against them. In fact they are the shop that tuned a Whipple charged Terminator that has been to Buds shop numerous times. When it rolled out of Randy's place it was lethal 692RWHP :eek: :eek:. I have never heard of anybody having problems with anything he has done. So he would certainly be a option. But from what I have see on numerous stang web sites.......everyone sings the praises of Modular Powerhouse and that guy Tim :boink:. So unless I find myself unable to make the trip down to GA for some reason, that's where I'm taking the Cobra for its tune. :)

ryclef331

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ryclef331 said:
Snakebit said:

OK Ill start with Wayne's Dyno........that is where I had my 98GT done at, Wayne is a nice guy but I didn't feel completely comfortable with him :dunno: I don't know why...I just didn't.
Second FASTLANE Motorsports....... ;D ;D I know YOU are up in Jacksonville but if your into mustangs in Southeastern NC YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE HEARD OF BUD ANDERSON AT SOME POINT IN TIME. He is a personal friend of mine and the guy that does all my work, his shop Anderson Motorsports / Mustang Connection is here in Leland NC. Any way he sold his drag car to a guy that is somehow tied in with Fastlane motorsports. If you visit Coastal often over the last 10 or 15 years you have seen his car. It was a pink/purple mix GT usually in the 9's in the quarter but he had a new engine in it shortly before he sold it that was capable of going 7's. Ill make this summary quick, there was a problem that developed with the engine ( you will have to forgive me I cant remember exactly what it was ) but anyway it was either leaking water/oil/transfluid or someting like that. It had done this on more than one occasion. They take it to Coastal Plains, run the car.....it leaks. Instead of taking the car back to their shop they run it again...............and hit the wall :nonono:. I wish I could recall the specifics of this but it was about 2 years ago now and I cant. This case plus a few other things I have heard about them, killed me doing any kind of business with them.

And third Randy's place in Raleigh......I have NOTHING against them. In fact they are the shop that tuned a Whipple charged Terminator that has been to Buds shop numerous times. When it rolled out of Randy's place it was lethal 692RWHP :eek: :eek:. I have never heard of anybody having problems with anything he has done. So he would certainly be a option. But from what I have see on numerous stang web sites.......everyone sings the praises of Modular Powerhouse and that guy Tim :boink:. So unless I find myself unable to make the trip down to GA for some reason, that's where I'm taking the Cobra for its tune. :)

I don't know of the car you speak of that hit the wall but I can assure you that Caleb and Melvin at Fastlane are TOP NOTCH guys. Calebs tuning and fabrications skills are second to none. I just stopped there today. You should see the 04 cobra turbo setup caleb is building. Phenominal. I don't know how you may think that car was tied to fastlane but keep in mind, any idiot can slap a shop sticker on their car to represent a shop...be it a good OR bad representation.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wish I could remember but I cant, next time your there ask them maybe someone there can remember it . :-\

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online