DYNO TUNING !!!

97blackgt

Reaction score
I live in the Saratoga Springs/ Albany area and i was wondering where i can get my car tuned? Also what would be an average price for this?

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
alright i found a place near by but they dont have a price range...any idea how much it will cost?

Suspect

Reaction score
i hear it can go from 350 to 500 buxs, depending how long they take. :dunno: i guess ur gonna have to call to find out.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Suspect said:
i hear it can go from 350 to 500 buxs, depending how long they take. :dunno: i guess ur gonna have to call to find out.

yup, everyone charges differetnly...i would check on local boards to see who they recommend and if they have good feedback about the place you found.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Suspect said:

Damn Thats nuts. The place that I will go to charges $80.00 for 5 pulls on the dyno.

Suspect

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Suspect said:

Damn Thats nuts. The place that I will go to charges $80.00 for 5 pulls on the dyno.

with a tune?! :eek:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Up here its $75 for 3 pulls + extra $25 if you want a/f. Tuning is $135 an hour. Thats what they list on there site anyways havent done any bussiness yet

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
when you do find out lemme know..I am also from Albany..Latham more specifically. I know of synapse motorsports but I havent seen them deal with any domestics only imports.

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
I've got a brand new SCT chips FS if your interested......save ya alittle money on a new chip.

I go to Modular depot and i think they charge me around 85-100 /hour for tuning.

S

scarface

it is 100 bux an hour at steen racing, and the tuner charges a flat fee of 150. My tune was 300 bux total.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
SgtMike said:
when you do find out lemme know..I am also from Albany..Latham more specifically. I know of synapse motorsports but I havent seen them deal with any domestics only imports.
Mike is that place in lathem also?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Suspect said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Suspect said:

with a tune?! :eek:

That includes the tune.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
Hey thanks..only an hour away from my house...now for my nexy question..with the mods in my sig, and a PI inake and Cams swap..what would be the benefits of a dyno tune? would it be worth it or should i just buy a SCT tuner and call it good? how much would the Hp differ? thanks

AutoBadges

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
pricing depends on what you are doing

if you are getting an actual DYNO TUNE then you have to pay for the chip you are using or reflashing your ECU..that alone for the chip is about $300. Then its on average $125 PER HOUR of tuning.

When you first do a tune of course is the most expensive bc of the chip and time needed to get the base readings from your car and running it several times to get the tune just right. First time expect to pay a good $500.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
anyone know the rates for pauls high performance in jackson?

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
I highly recommend a Dynotune.......it's the only way to go IMO. I just don't trust handheld tuners.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
So if i want a dyno tune i need the handheld programmer, then i need to get it tuned..The shop doesnt have a handheld tuner to use? So total its gonna cost 700-1000 for a tune? thats pretty insane :nonono:

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
So if i want a dyno tune i need the handheld programmer, then i need to get it tuned..The shop doesnt have a handheld tuner to use? So total its gonna cost 700-1000 for a tune? thats pretty insane :nonono:

Ya lost me there........If you want a Dyno Tune you can do it w/ either a chip or a handheld tuner. I recommend a chip, much more range w/ a chip. W/ hand held tuner's that tuner is locked into your car so you have to purchase the whole tuner which is around $350-400. Then you have to pay for dyno time on top of that.

A chip w/ a dyno tune can be had for around $400. Brand new chips run around $300 and most places charge anywhere from $75-100/hr to tune it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online