dyno tuning?

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
i have a 94 gt vert with full exhaust, CAI, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, MSD 6A, FRRP wires, MSD cap/rotor, adj fuel regulator, B&M shifter, centerforce clutch, 373 gears, jet perf. module and venom performance module. how would i go about getting my car dyno tuned? i heard that usually they just burn a chip for my car. is that still possible with the two modules i have now or is there some other type of tuning i can have done?

stang94X

Reaction score
well first get rid of that jet performance and venom shit cause all they do is advance the timing and makes the motor run rich, get a custom dyno tune or a lttle cheaper way is to get a motorvation chip thats custom burnt for your car from summit racing

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
the module seem to help the top end a little tho, but if i get a chip burn for my current app would it still run right with future mods?

stang94X

Reaction score
it should be fine with all little bolt ons and heads and intake, a supercharger or nitrous you will really to get a tune, you might need a tune when putting a cam in, some people can get away without a tune but for me when i did my heads, intake and higher ratio roller rockers my car didnt drive for shit and needed a tune but my friends car has heads cam and intake and all other bolt ons and his car runs perfect, if your planning on do a H/C/I swap then i would consider just getting a tune after that

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
oh ok thanx for answering my questions.......but one other thing.....will get a tune effect me passing smog?

Downshift

Reaction score
MuscleInc1320 said:
the module seem to help the top end a little tho, but if i get a chip burn for my current app would it still run right with future mods?

Have you ever driven your car with out them on?

Downshift

Reaction score
Just wondering because most people say just one of those chips is complete trash and you have two of them on your car. Thats also the second time I have seen someone say why its bad to you and you still wanna keep it so I was just wondering. But with a dyno tune you need to ditch those because you will be getting a chip burned for your car to run the right way with out being tricked by those chips.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
ok cool deal man. i found a local shop that will dyno tune my car for about $200 does that sound about right or am i being over charged?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MuscleInc1320 said:
ok cool deal man. i found a local shop that will dyno tune my car for about $200 does that sound about right or am i being over charged?

is that with them supplying a chip/tuner?? If so thats very cheap :eek: You get 2 dyno runs here for about 60 bucks and thats just for a run NO TUNING

Downshift

Reaction score
200 bucks for a dyno tune? Thats an awesome deal. Its 100$ just for a dyno run around where I live. Most of the places are charging around 500$ for a dyno tune with burnt chip where I live. But lots of things are more expensive here, the cheapest gear install is about 150 dollars more then what most of guys on here say they paid. Goodluck with it and let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online