Dyno update!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm, so did you try drivin it on the street and see if it unlocks?

My car did the same thing on the dyno but seems to be fine on the street

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I honestly havent tried to yet, I'm nervous because my stock rear is HOWLING and I need to get it built asap. I would hate to destroy it while these shows are coming up, ya know. I'm in the process of getting the rear done, and then I'm bringing the car to Kevin at Wicked and he is going to take a look at it for me

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
I honestly havent tried to yet, I'm nervous because my stock rear is HOWLING and I need to get it built asap. I would hate to destroy it while these shows are coming up, ya know. I'm in the process of getting the rear done, and then I'm bringing the car to Kevin at Wicked and he is going to take a look at it for me

lol, Im just saying, mine unlocks on the dyno, not on the street with a single disc, you may have the same issue cause yours should be fine with that power

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Jr. Gunn Its not uncommon on non-load bearing dynos and not unheard of even on mustang dynos. Part of why its hard ti get accurate numbers from an auto

Lol, its just that it is common for wierd things to happen on the dyno with autos and I dont want you to spend bank on a new converter for no reason man.

But its your call.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
no I completely hear ya, and I appreciate everyone trying to look out for me and give me their best advice. Thats why before I spend $1200 on a new converter I'm going to have Kevin take a look at it as well to give me his advice. Just keep in mind, Darrin only rates the exact single plate converter I have to 500rwhp...the car is already past that and will probably be 100rwhp more once the situation is fixed and meth added...so all in all maybe it wouldnt even be a bad idea upgrading to a multi disc anyway

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
no I completely hear ya, and I appreciate everyone trying to look out for me and give me their best advice. Thats why before I spend $1200 on a new converter I'm going to have Kevin take a look at it as well to give me his advice. Just keep in mind, Darrin only rates the exact single plate converter I have to 500rwhp...the car is already past that and will probably be 100rwhp more once the situation is fixed and meth added...so all in all maybe it wouldnt even be a bad idea upgrading to a multi disc anyway

O wow,

JR told me the converter he built me should handle 650 ftlb of torque

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, completely different than. Darrin said I have his older style single disc, which (when he made them) could only support 500/500.....

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Well, I walked out and started cleaning my car yesterday. I noticed a good 2 foot puddle of oil under my girdle, so the seal must have went on me. Wont be able to drive the car, its shot. Ordered the true trac, I already have the axles, and I'll have the built rear done by next week.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
true trac and bearing kit will be here tomorrow, all should be installed by Wednesday!

That was a dynojet

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
true trac and bearing kit will be here tomorrow, all should be installed by Wednesday!

That was a dynojet

I wanna see how it runs at the track when u get it all fixed up cause its kinda comparable to my buddys car but he is manual. I bet you go 10s easy

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah I cant wait to get this rear done, then I will address the converter and hopefully we can pull it to 6700 and spray some meth. I honestly dont know what to expect from it, guess it depends on how I hook!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
yeah I cant wait to get this rear done, then I will address the converter and hopefully we can pull it to 6700 and spray some meth. I honestly dont know what to expect from it, guess it depends on how I hook!
I would guess mid 10s if you can hook

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I mean, I have the suspension/rims/tires for it...I would just never want to set a goal in my head and not hit it, ya know. I want to shoot for low 11's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online