Dyno'd and Weighed my Coyote today - guess the power and weight

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know what these things weigh stock? I do sincea buddy has one. Factor in what Paul added, most of us should be close for weight

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Woww. Your car looks amazing. Love the red with black and those wheels. Anyways 371 hp, 362 tq, 3600 lbs

Although some others were closer on power, torque, or weight, 5-oh-MUSTANG is the closest on all three numbers combined.

Numbers are 375 rwhp / 364 rwtq and 3616 pounds.

A lot of you guys think Coyotes weigh WAY more than they actually do. Mine is probably the heaviest non-Shelby you can get, and it was barely over 3600.

Paul.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
pretty good!
My trq and weight were money. I thought it should make a bit more power, what dyno was it on?

Love the front end btw.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Kyle thinks you weight 135lbs lol

Haha. I'm a grown man, not some spindly little teenager like Handz. I'm almost 200.

pretty good!
My trq and weight were money. I thought it should make a bit more power, what dyno was it on?

Love the front end btw.

I actually though the power was good. Better than I expected. The car only makes 412 hp at the flywheel, which means with 375 rwhp I'm only at 9% drivetrain loss. My buddy dyno'd his stock '13 GT automatic yesterday too and it put out 360 rwhp.

Thanks for the compliment. I really like the way my car turned out.

Paul.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I was closest. It's ok though. You don't have to admit it.

And 330. No hands is not and will not be back. Ever. Anyway! Good to hear Paul!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I actually though the power was good. Better than I expected. The car only makes 412 hp at the flywheel, which means with 375 rwhp I'm only at 9% drivetrain loss. My buddy dyno'd his stock '13 GT automatic yesterday too and it put out 360 rwhp.

Thanks for the compliment. I really like the way my car turned out.

Paul.
hmm. Might be different location and dyno. The actual dyno makes a huge difference in numbers.
My tuner is a crazy coyote fanatic, he has a 2011 gt (just put a roush blower on it) and he's building a 33? coupe kit car which will be a coyote powered autocross car. He figures with his dyno results that the gts are actually putting out closer to boss specs.

Regardless, the coyote engine is pretty impressive. Would love to see one in my SN eventually.
Have you thought about tuning it? There's suppose to be a ton of hidden power in there yet.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The dyno I use doesn't fudge the numbers like so many dyno operators do to make their customers happy. Plus, it's a dynojet, which aren't "generous" like a Mustang Dyno for example.

Yeah, I'll probably tune it sometime. My warranty expires next week, so the mods can begin now. Trouble is, mods cost a lot of money and most don't really do anything. The cold air kits don't matter much for streetcars. You might pick up a little on the dyno and at the track if you're giving your call a good cool-down, but not huge gains on the street. The Boss intake is similar. It makes a little more power up top, but you lose a little through the mid-range. The offroad x-pipe picks up some decent power, but my car is a daily driver and I hate noise so that idea is out. So pretty much, the tune is really the only easy mod that picks up power the way I want it to. I'd probably get about 13 hp out of it at the wheels, which would be nice. I could get a Boss intake, tune, and cold air kit, but it would be mostly for looks compared with just a tune. Even the factory air filter flows really well.

The only mod I really want is a blower, but that's seven grand. When combined with the other stuff I'd want, I'd be better off just buying a Shelby. My buddy's stock '13 put down 622 rwhp yesterday once we let it cool down. That's nuts.

Paul.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mustang dyno generous? I think you have that backwards. In my experience the dynojets are easier to give numbers than the mustang dyno my car was on.

Yeah with a good tune and minor mods you should be able to get pretty close to 400. What about a used blower? Got to be tons of good deals soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online