E-Brake light on under Heavy Breaking

Pittsn95

Reaction score
Running into an issue with my 94 GT brakes. Under heavy breaking the E-brake light turns on. The pedal feels like i lost power breaks. Once the car comes to a stop it turns off and pedal feel returns to normal. I've read in some places that it's an indication of low brake fluid but when I check the reservoir it's within normal levels. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I'm kind of stumped where to start wrenching.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Brake booster or master cylinder could be going bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Pittsn95

Reaction score
It is the same light that turns on if you were to drive with the parking/E brake still engaged

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
interesting its not the abs light. I don't think that light is connected to any kind of diagnostic where something is wrong it comes on. I think its more of just a short if that light is coming on, you can try taking the pocked out of the console and see what it looks like. As for pedal feel start simple, bleed the brakes, inspect the fluid, change if needed.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
My red (e brake light) came on in my truck when I blew the line and the fluid ran out. I believe it doubles as an e brake/ low fluid light. Maybe your lines have some air pockets in them or the fluid is starting to go bad. I would flush the system, put in new fluid, and bleed it from all 4 calipers since the level in the reservoir seems to return to normal by the time you check it.