E10 Fuel

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just been reading that fuel over here in the uk will be upgraded to E10 standards starting in September.

There's a website the government have provided so you can check to see if your car is compatible, however it doesn't include imports - so I can't tell if the Mustang is on the list or not...

The older Jaguars I have are fine, but can anyone here confirm if the 1994 Mustang will take E10 grade fuel or not?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

TMW

CobraEd

Reaction score
We've been using E10 for decades in the US. I have not experienced any problems at all in any of my cars.

I have an 85 Mustang GT I purchased when brand new as well as an 03 Cobra. The 85 Mustang predated the start of use of E10 where I live. I have experienced absolutely no problems. Your 95 Mustang will be just fine. Cheers!

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi,

Excellent - thanks for confirming.

I shall not worry in that case!

Regards

TMW

TrickVert

Reaction score
Agree on what's been said above; however, if left to set for long periods, the E10 fuel will absorb water more readily and drop in octane level more quickly. There is still non-ethanol fuel available in my area, and I use it for this reason since it's a fair-weather driver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online