Eastern Catalytic H Pipe?

joebrez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm restoring a 94' GT Vert, I'm trying to stay as close to factory spec as possible. My factory cats are smoked.

I found Eastern Catalytic makes a direct fit with 2 freeflow cats (Part 30299). Anyone try these?

I know BBK makes a Catted H Pipe, but it seems pretty prices for non-stainless.

I've run Eastern's stuff on other cars before and it seemed ok.

I did search and didn't see any posts.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Do you live somewhere that puts a sniffer on for inspection? Here in pa emissions on a 95 and older is only visual. If you can get away with it, drop your mid pipe, cut the top open, gut them and weld them back up. Cant get much more free flowing than that.

OP
OP
J

joebrez

Reaction score
Do you live somewhere that puts a sniffer on for inspection? Here in pa emissions on a 95 and older is only visual. If you can get away with it, drop your mid pipe, cut the top open, gut them and weld them back up. Cant get much more free flowing than that.

I've got Wisconsin "Collector" plates on it and technically it's exempt from Emissions. They do have a stipulation about originality though. The state can audit the car. They have a "Collector" which maintains originality and "Hobbyist" which couldn't care less. I went the Collector route since they never expire.

My biggest hang up about using cats is it's a convertible and I/my passengers don't want to deal with fumes of being catless. I went on a fall cruise last year where half the guys were catless and they stunk to high hell. If it was a hard top, I couldn't care less about fumes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online