Easy hp gains

Demolisher

Reaction score
lmao i didnt know if u ran tailpipes to the back it would give u hp , something about compresion anyways any of you all know how to get a lil more hp for a cheap price :help2:

ryclef331

Reaction score
That is a debate that will rage on for centuries.

Simply put, the length and diameter of your exhaust can directly affect horsepower and shift where in the RPM your powerband comes in and falls off....HOWEVER, NOONE'S ASS DYNO is good enough to feel the effects of the difference between running tail pipes and dumps. The power gained or lost is pretty much negligible. A 20 degree change in temperature can give or take the same amount of HP. And your exhaust doesn't change your compression. You're thinking of backpressure. People can argue with me till they are blue in the face....but the 2-3 or even 5hp difference isn't worth me fighting sway bar or tire clearance. Dumps are 80x easier when you have to drop the exhaust. I won't lie, I wish I had tail pipes....just for the looks. There is ALOT of science behind the theory of exhaust systems that just adding tailpipes.

Also remember, this only applies in an all motor application...boosted and nitrous apps. are a totally difference animal.

Another tip...

Bag of Ice on the intake. I've got a published book of well over 100+ dyno runs that proves this is worth 10hp after cooling for roughly 30minutes. Try it at the track....just make sure you have a towel around the base of it to soak up melted ice.....they don't like you dripping on the track.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
One of these days, I will run the car on the dyno and then take off the tips, dumping it before axle. I'll see if there is any power to be gained. Typically, the more bends you have in the exhaust, the more power you lose.

Maniak87

Reaction score
like ryclef said, there is no way anyone would be able to feel the gain.

Hicks

Reaction score
Kindof common sense that a shorter pipe would just be easier, and more hp. ^_^ But the tails just look sick

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
I have always loved the dump look.. As soon as i can get mine to the Muffler shop my tips are coming off...

Willis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson