eBay parts

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of house brand parts like SR performance from AM can be found on ebay for a cheaper price.

For example the control arm kit is identical. But ebay is 20 bucks cheaper. I'm sure the radiator is the same way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Oh I do keep an eye out on stuff on eBay.. I took a chance when I got my gas tank and it actually looks top notch!! I got it I think for like $85 free S&H, also got the fuel hanger and sending unit from there. Hanger was like $20 and the best $$ I could find anywhere else was like 2x that, same deal on the sending unit.. Honestly I'd always been afraid of eBay parts till my cousin mentioned it about getting a radiator there months ago and then I started looking around there for other stuff. I do also realize that there are some places you can afford to do deals like that, and there are also places that you can't... Above all else, safety comes first..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ebay use to be my goto for parts but after hearing about everything from arp to msd stuff being faked now I only go through authorized dealers. They are making the fakes nice enough that you will not notice, till you can't help but notice. If your just now getting to the ebay parts party I am afraid to tell you that you are few years too late.

Werecow

Reaction score
That's the one thing that's got me leary of stuff from eBay, trying to figure out what's the good stuff from a reputable dealer and what's just cheap ass unsafe knock-off crap from a fly by night rip-off artist... It's really hard to tell and a lil nail biting trying to figure it out and makes me nervous about pulling the trigger on anything there..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have found that you will normally forget the price you paid for a quality part that lasts but you know how much you "saved" when that ebay part breaks. Then its just a question of what is your time worth to do it all over again, the right way this time?

Werecow

Reaction score
I have found that you will normally forget the price you paid for a quality part that lasts but you know how much you "saved" when that ebay part breaks. Then its just a question of what is your time worth to do it all over again, the right way this time?

Very good point!! I got my first mustang about this time last year, and that's when I started gathering up tools to work on it with. Now my work ethic on any car has always been to try and do it right the first time and you don't have to a second time. But I know it doesn't always work that way. That being said, I've really starting learning my lesson with my tools. I can't afford snapon or one of the other top name brands like that so I get a lot of my stuff from Harbor Freight. I've learned my lesson there not to get the cheapest or bottom dollar brand they have as I've had to go back several times and get the next level of tool up to do the job I needed and should have gotten the better stuff to start with and been $$ ahead!! So lesson learned there for sure!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will go to the pawn store to buy used snap on tools before I go to harbor freight myself. They are still more expensive but you don't have the initial sticker shock the dealers get.

Werecow

Reaction score
It's really not been so much as tools as bits and bobs you wind up using when you're doing stuff, like moving blankets for working under the car, had to make a second trip to get a better meter when working on the wiring, I do have a 3/8 cordless impact gun that I love from them.. a set of calipers, mechanics gloves, had to upgrade on the Dremel I got, (Don't get the one for $10!!! Waste of $$$!!!) The sawzall I got is pretty tough.. set of pry bars.. line I said just small stuff nothing major. I really lucked up just about the time I got my first pony, I got an entire tool chest full of stuff for about $200 off someone on Facebook so I really did luck up there.. most of it's craftsman, husky, stuff along that kinda stuff so I got a pretty good start on that stuff..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online