ebay shifters???

Stangbangin

Reaction score
has anyone tried these shifters they have on ebay for like 60 bucks??? I don't think I would subject my stang to experimenting with an unknown shifter but I was curious if anyone had bought one.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
i have not tried the ebay ones. but i do know you get what you pay for!!!

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
thats exactly how I feel.....but then again I have settled for lesser priced parts because of price....I used to have a summit cold air intake and some other summit made stuff on my 89 fox but I feel like summit is like known and putout somewhat decent quality stuff. these ebay companies are pretty unknown. I just wanted to see how quality really is for these low buck things. I mean it might be a decent shifter but we'd never know because we are smart.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I bought my shifter off ebay.... Sure it was a Pro 5.0 but I still got a good price. I wouldnt suggest getting an shifter that hasnt been proven to be effective. You could break (or bend) shit. That wouldnt be good at all.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
you'll never guess what happened to me.... we started back classes at my community college and this guy I parked next to had a 1996 GT and we started talking cars yada yada he has some basic bolt on with a small shot of nitrous gears thats all good and stuff. well he like well lets og for a spin. I noticed he has a short throw so I asked him what kind it was....."I dunno some cheap one I got off ebay....he was like man it's better than my steeda tri ax..." I was like WHAT!!!? nah//...so I persuaded him to let me drive bakc to campus which he was like hmm ok...I wouldn't of let me but thats another story.....the ****** was actually a pretty decent shifter....good feel.....super short throw like 4 inches ... I was blown away...now I'm not saying I'd buy one but they're just might be some deals out there I'll never know about cuz I'm protective of my car

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
lol talk bout weird timing... well its up to you and what you wanna spend... like the sayin goes you get what you pay for good luck on your decision

97vertstang

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
you'll never guess what happened to me.... we started back classes at my community college and this guy I parked next to had a 1996 GT and we started talking cars yada yada he has some basic bolt on with a small shot of nitrous gears thats all good and stuff. well he like well lets og for a spin. I noticed he has a short throw so I asked him what kind it was....."I dunno some cheap one I got off ebay....he was like man it's better than my steeda tri ax..." I was like WHAT!!!? nah//...so I persuaded him to let me drive bakc to campus which he was like hmm ok...I wouldn't of let me but thats another story.....the ****** was actually a pretty decent shifter....good feel.....super short throw like 4 inches ... I was blown away...now I'm not saying I'd buy one but they're just might be some deals out there I'll never know about cuz I'm protective of my car
u should had asked him what seller??? theres thousands of sellers on ebay and most just sell crap, but a couple sell decent stuff.so be careful

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
dude I could not buy one from a generic company....I would feel like I'm half assing my project...it's like if your gonna half ass it why bother

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online