Ebay turbo what u guys think

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION] is runnin an On-3 turbo on his 5.0 - Do yourself a favor and buy it off Latemodelrestoration.com or straight from ON-3

OP
OP
romagna127

romagna127

Reaction score
So it is a good set up then

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just because 1 person is running it doesn't make it a good kit lulz.

It's a decent kit with a great price and a bit of custom fab required to make it work. Then again, basically every cheap turbo kit will require lots of work.

punched281

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has been running the boost brothers kit for the last two years and loves it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The 94/95 kit is supposed to be the best fitting out of the box kit they have released ... Of course there will be some minor tweaks here and their . For the money you can't beat it and the link he posted from ebay is from on3performance . Even one of the long time members is using there kit on his sexy new build addrmk2 . I was originally going this route but went cog driven blower instead

OP
OP
romagna127

romagna127

Reaction score
Ok as for my top end what would u guys do would u go with heads and cam or would I be ok with stock

OP
OP
romagna127

romagna127

Reaction score
Thanks for the links

1bad9d5

Reaction score
the On3 kit I found for my car was initially off ebay and then I called them and bought it.. that 1500 isn't the whole thing but I got most of my stuff from them except the injectors are ass and I got my BOV somewhere else as well because my kit didn't come with 1.... 95% of the kit installed with no issue, some piping issue I had, but I converted my TB setup to a fox which made everything fit easier.. I love the kit, only blemish is I have an exhaust leak from the moment I installed it, still haven't addressed it lol.. overall the kit is great and produces plenty of power.. mid 400s for me

OP
OP
romagna127

romagna127

Reaction score
You running the kit with all stock parts or do u have heads and cam

1bad9d5

Reaction score
stock heads, cam, intake... I wanna change the heads and intake.. but no rush to do so

OP
OP
romagna127

romagna127

Reaction score
Cool u auto or 5speed

Addermk2

Reaction score
Call and talk to Chris from PowerAdderSolutions. You'll want the Y pipe, and the PAS maf + harness.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea, stock t5... but its a ticking time bomb... I wont be running the car too hard at all daily or weekly but when I come out of the hole 4-5k deep at the track, im sure the tranny is eventually gonna leave itself there lol.. I also have 0 clue on which is the best option to replace it with.. so im just waiting for it to blow lol

Win

Legend
Reaction score
yea, stock t5... but its a ticking time bomb... I wont be running the car too hard at all daily or weekly but when I come out of the hole 4-5k deep at the track, im sure the tranny is eventually gonna leave itself there lol.. I also have 0 clue on which is the best option to replace it with.. so im just waiting for it to blow lol

Just roll ill into it at the track, plus double clutch at the track and your set so you don't grenade it.

Replace it with a 3550

your short shifter clutch cable and clutch bellhousing will all work. And handle double the power of the stock T5

Addermk2

Reaction score
Just roll ill into it at the track, plus double clutch at the track and your set so you don't grenade it.

Replace it with a 3550

your short shifter clutch cable and clutch bellhousing will all work. And handle double the power of the stock T5

Um... no. 3550 is a marginal transmission. The shifter is not the same. The SN bellhousing will not fit it, neither will the clutch fork.

If you are going to upgrade your trans, get a tko600 with an aftermarket bell. Then add an mgw shifter. The new trans will require a new clutch.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online