Ebay turbo what u guys think

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just roll ill into it at the track, plus double clutch at the track and your set so you don't grenade it.

Replace it with a 3550

your short shifter clutch cable and clutch bellhousing will all work. And handle double the power of the stock T5

I would go gforce t-5 and did you actually just say double clutch it .

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Um... no. 3550 is a marginal transmission. The shifter is not the same. The SN bellhousing will not fit it, neither will the clutch fork.

If you are going to upgrade your trans, get a tko600 with an aftermarket bell. Then add an mgw shifter. The new trans will require a new clutch.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

Interesting ng bc I have first hand seen quite a few that all bolted up and worked. Odd

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I would go gforce t-5 and did you actually just say double clutch it .

Yep worked on the T5 when I had that 347. That's how the new owner ran it at the track for almost a full season. Till he power shifted and blew out the tranny. :)

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION] is runnin an On-3 turbo on his 5.0 - Do yourself a favor and buy it off Latemodelrestoration.com or straight from ON-3

That posting is infact on3. They sell via LMR or eBay only. Pretty sure they direct you to their eBay account from their site. I don't think you can get it directly from their site.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Win

Legend
Reaction score
That posting is infact on3. They sell via LMR or eBay only. Pretty sure they direct you to their eBay account from their site. I don't think you can get it directly from their site.

When end you go to there site it directs you straight to paypal to pay for it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep worked on the T5 when I had that 347. That's how the new owner ran it at the track for almost a full season. Till he power shifted and blew out the tranny. :)

Nice , I know how to do it but never really bother ... I'll give it a try with the new combo but I intend on powershifting the mofo

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Never checked to see that. o well

Addermk2

Reaction score
Interesting ng bc I have first hand seen quite a few that all bolted up and worked. Odd

Its not odd. You're just wrong. I recently removed the 3550 that I was running. Hell, I still have my Pro 5.0 power tower. I can take pictures of the 3550 shifter vs a T5 shifter.

Also, the input shaft length of a 3550 matches that of a foxbody. So the SN-95 bellhousing naturally doesn't fit. Then there is the difference between positioning and length of the clutch forks... etc.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Its not odd. You're just wrong. I recently removed the 3550 that I was running. Hell, I still have my Pro 5.0 power tower. I can take pictures of the 3550 shifter vs a T5 shifter.

Also, the input shaft length of a 3550 matches that of a foxbody. So the SN-95 bellhousing naturally doesn't fit. Then there is the difference between positioning and length of the clutch forks... etc.

maybe I was mistaken this was 15 yrs ago and maybe was told Mis information! Dill weed

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ya know the last 2-3 years I REALLY wanted to go turbo and didn't mind paying the $$$ to get a ok kit even above on3's prices. I mean I love being a little different and also like the idea of the addition power the turbo can get but after mulling it over, considering all the difficulties in fitment and then the joy of tuning them I could not ignore the tried/true ways that the multiple superchargers have done for years now. After some looking around I found a good deal on a complete vortech kit and jumped on it.

But don't get me wrong once you replace the V-band clamps on the on-3 kit, upgrade the turbo and K-member, get the joy of getting it all too fit, Getting to tune it, - I am sure after all that its worth it.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Ya know the last 2-3 years I REALLY wanted to go turbo and didn't mind paying the $$$ to get a ok kit even above on3's prices. I mean I love being a little different and also like the idea of the addition power the turbo can get but after mulling it over, considering all the difficulties in fitment and then the joy of tuning them I could not ignore the tried/true ways that the multiple superchargers have done for years now. After some looking around I found a good deal on a complete vortech kit and jumped on it.

But don't get me wrong once you replace the V-band clamps on the on-3 kit, upgrade the turbo and K-member, get the joy of getting it all too fit, Getting to tune it, - I am sure after all that its worth it.

Tuning a turbo is no different than tuning a supercharger. There is also no need for a k-member swap with the 5.0 kit. The biggest fitment issue I had was with the flanges on the manifolds. A few of the holes were not perfectly aligned. Also, the front most bolt hole didn't have enough tube clearance to rotate the bolt into place without "persuasion".

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yea idk when I'm going to swap my tranny and what I'm going to replace it with, you guys will definitely all know trust me lol.. I have a MGW shifter and love it and plan on power shifting only at the track, going to go for my best possible times... And the On3 really isn't that bad, I have the turbo that came with it, k member is the same, but I did get my 60# injectors and 50mm BOV somewhere else.. I don't have a supercharger but I don't see how different it could be to tune

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tuning a turbo is no different than tuning a supercharger. There is also no need for a k-member swap with the 5.0 kit. The biggest fitment issue I had was with the flanges on the manifolds. A few of the holes were not perfectly aligned. Also, the front most bolt hole didn't have enough tube clearance to rotate the bolt into place without "persuasion".

Sure when you break it down its all just boost and maybe I am imagining things that I have heard that they are a little more tempermental then superchargers. I mean I would yield to your exp on the subj and say in the same breath that if they were just as easy to install/tune/maintain that there would be a lot more of them on the road today.

410sn95

Reaction score
3550? Agreed, Junk.

tko600? Why? Get a T56 Magnum and call it done.

You will need to go through the same BS to get either to fit. The Magnum is hands down a better transmission. 6 gears, holds more torque and shifts WAYYYYYY better.

I already did the G-force thing. It's ok in the respect that it is BOLT in but if I had to do it over again, I would just step up to the T-56 Magnum and be done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online