Ebay turbo what u guys think

Addermk2

Reaction score
Sure when you break it down its all just boost and maybe I am imagining things that I have heard that they are a little more tempermental then superchargers. I mean I would yield to your exp on the subj and say in the same breath that if they were just as easy to install/tune/maintain that there would be a lot more of them on the road today.

A supercharger requires less parts, yet costs more. Most s/c kits do not come intercooled, and if you want to add it... the additional expense is large.

My honest opinion on the matter is all about WHEN people add the power adder. If you already have $800-1000 into headers, and mid pipe... are you really that likely to pull it all off for a turbo kit? Another issue is that of misinformation. You have no personal experience with the setup or maintainence... yet you shun quality and spread rumor over durability. As to why there aren't more turbo cars out there... have you taken a moment to think about how many cars come stock with turbos vs superchargers?

3550? Agreed, Junk.

tko600? Why? Get a T56 Magnum and call it done.
T56 weighs more, costs more, and definitely requires more work. A 6th gear is pointless to me... that's also one of the main reasons I don't have an STi.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
A supercharger requires less parts, yet costs more. Most s/c kits do not come intercooled, and if you want to add it... the additional expense is large.

My honest opinion on the matter is all about WHEN people add the power adder. If you already have $800-1000 into headers, and mid pipe... are you really that likely to pull it all off for a turbo kit? Another issue is that of misinformation. You have no personal experience with the setup or maintainence... yet you shun quality and spread rumor over durability. As to why there aren't more turbo cars out there... have you taken a moment to think about how many cars come stock with turbos vs superchargers?

T56 weighs more, costs more, and definitely requires more work. A 6th gear is pointless to me... that's also one of the main reasons I don't have an STi.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

a supercharger costs more then an on 3 kit yes, and to my knowledge on3 is all we have been talking about. So "when I shun quality and spread rumor over durability" - I just want to clarify your saying that an on3 kit is as durable/reliable as the vortech I got, the procharger I was looking at or even a KB?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
a supercharger costs more then an on 3 kit yes, and to my knowledge on3 is all we have been talking about. So "when I shun quality and spread rumor over durability" - I just want to clarify your saying that an on3 kit is as durable/reliable as the vortech I got, the procharger I was looking at or even a KB?

Plenty of guys daily these turbo kits , I went blower because I got a deal of a lifetime on both my motor and original blower ... But now I have 2 vortech kits lol . My original plan was the on3 kit I've been following multiple builds running there kit . If you upgrade a few things your laughing and have minor fab skills which we know you now do Scott ;)

410sn95

Reaction score
Built and tuned both. They have their pro's and cons. That being said, I have not yet seen a turbo KIT for our cars that had OEM type packaging and did not have to be modified. This IMHO is the issue.

We are dealing with a car (94-95 sn95) that was not designed for a power adder to begin with. A turbo brings a whole new set of issues to deal with to the table over a sc. We are very limited in space under our hoods and these SMALL aftermarket companies do not have the teams of automotive engineers like the oem to design a proper well integrated system.

I will say the one system I did like was the Incon system for the fox's, but even it had it's issues, required fab and was EXPENSIVE! Good luck finding one today.

If you made a turbo system work for you... great. Some people just want to bolt something on and go. To them I recommend a SC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online