Edelbrock Performer Heads 1.90 worth it?

Kylebach14

Reaction score
I currently got bit by the Pro-Comp bug and bought the 210's. I was trying to do a build I saw in a magazine and I don't like at all how it turned out. I have the 210 heads, TFS 1 Cam and a Typhoon U/L intake. I want some more low end power and want something that I can grow with and possibly boost or stroke later. I found the Edelbrocks performers 1.90's on CL for 1000 and I think I can get him down to 750. He sad they are like new and the valves dont have any burn marks on them. Will I be more satisfied with these and will they make power that I can actually feel. Because my current setup feels stock.

PS: I have stock TB, MAF, Injectors and no tune.

Thanks!

RichV

Reaction score
What kind of power are you making? The 210 are big heads right? Stock bottom end?

Questions like you're asking are hard to answer. How do I know if you'l be more happy with them. What do you mean 'feels like stock', do you have any 1/4 mile #s? Do you have any real #s to compare? I would think big heads will respond to boost much better, but how far are you from boosting?

I think a tune, at least a dyno pull will help to see where you are at. A GT40 top end and a mild cam nets at least 60HP @ the wheels, you can definitely feel that versus stock.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I just put those heads on my car and before I did I was running 14.8's and when after installing them i'm now running 13's. I also got my heads for the same price with rockers and a stage 1 trickflow cam. If I were to do it all again, I would of bought a set of trickflow twisted wedge heads, a holley intake manifold and a custom cam.

BTW, pro-comp heads are too big for a 302.

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
Well I didn't do any times. But I raced my friend in his GTP and he beat me by the same amount as I was stock. I would like to dip down in the 13's and have room to grow, if I wanted to Supercharge or Stroke. I'm going to be buying these heads from craigslist. What should I look for when buying them to make sure they are in good condition?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online