edelbrock vic jr intake plenum plate

chad5.0

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I made a plate for mine out of 1/2 aluminum its a square plate for now I am working on the radius for it now. If you need one made shoot me some info.
(I run a cnc so if you need any other little parts let me know.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
...its a flat piece of metal with a hole.... if your using an edelbrock, you should really use a full elbow...
Does this look efficent to you....

or does this

410sn95

Reaction score
Both are questionable in terms of distribution.

That elbow looks a little better but lacks a short side radius. Distribution will still suffer...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
How do you figure, that eblow can be mounted any direction and effectively stuff air in ...

410sn95

Reaction score
I was assuming it would be mounted sideways as that was what the pic showed.

Treat air flow like water. A short side radius will help get air to the inboard cylinders. Cylinders on the short side run richer, cylinders on the long side run leaner. Some try to fix some of that with a divider.

If boosted it doesn't matter as much. Lots of real world info on Yellow bullet about it...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
YB is dead and a sell out. I hear what your saying with the water analogy, but with how your looking at it, the additional volume even with the "short side" effect isnt that big of a deal when you have an opening like that. The Plate would be FAR more restrictive then the inner radius of the elbow.

410sn95

Reaction score
Agreed on the plate being more restrictive than that elbow. Just pointing out that getting more of a radius would be more optimal. More so in a NA app, though.

IMHO, From a tuning standpoint it's best to get rid of variables like that. The EFI converted single plane manifolds already have enough quirks on their own... lol.

I also get that we are dealing with packaging constraints and sometimes the optimal setup is not in the cards.

For example: I had to cut down my spyder elbow to try and get the motor under something other than a 3in cowl but tried to keep some radius.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
For example: I had to cut down my spyder elbow to try and get the motor under something other than a 3in cowl but tried to keep some radius.

Wait, so cutting a hole in the hood was the wrong thing to do??

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
yea i didnt care very much, I needed the hood closed for a 500 mile drive and said eff it

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure edelbrock makes an elbow/plenum that fits this intake, or rather, this intake has the same standardized bolt pattern that carbs do. it is specified for 5.0's and I think it requires switching to their throttle cables, and possibly necessitates a 90mm t/b. I haven't looked into it for some time, and the part doesn't appear to be on AM anymore. I'll try to do some more in depth searching if anyone is actually interested.

punched281

Reaction score
lol good work!! Mr. Holley won't fit under there... plus who doesn't like shit hanging out of the hood?

410sn95

Reaction score
You guys just persuaded me to just cut a hole in my hood for now. HAha

The holes were out of necessity for me. Ran low on funds building the car, cut holes as a temporary deal and decided I liked it. Ran that way for some years until a friend made me a deal on my current hood.

I kind of miss the stock hood with holes. The BOV venting through the hood was funny.

punched281

Reaction score
Yea I am running low on fluids too so trying to get everything done the best I can for the cheapest I can. I think it will look pretty cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online