edlebrock intake

mickey

Reaction score
I've been collecting parts for a pi swap on my 98 gt and have been on the fence about going with a stock pi intake or an edelbrock intake. the car as of now will be N/A with nitrous, but I have plans, like many others, to put some boost to this car. so I was wondering if I buy it it now how will the street ability be and is this a better choice for nitrous? And sorry about the misspelled title.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eddy intake needs some RPM to work properly. I cant personally speak for boost and/or nitrous, but I just bought one for my N/A 03 GT. A lot of guys buy them and are disappointed. They really can kill low end power if not properly paired with the correct parts, mainly the cam profile. I would think that the Eddy on a mainly stock motor boosted or N/A, is not the way to go IMO...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Do 12.5:1 compression with thumpity cams and eddy intake for n/a, gasoline. Id suggest flat top pistons, thumping cams, at least 4.10gears.

Do at least 10:5 compression(npi short block/pi swap)w/5lbs if you do force induce, gasoline.

Now lets figure out what combo you really want. You mention n/a, nitrous, and boost in the same build.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
My first build plan is going to be n/a with nitrous for track days then after then I plan to build a forged short block with a procharger but that may or may not happen but if it dose I was trying to avoid having to buy another ingake. I'm worried how the edelbrock will be with pi cams and N/A.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
The Eddy intake needs some RPM to work properly. I cant personally speak for boost and/or nitrous, but I just bought one for my N/A 03 GT. A lot of guys buy them and are disappointed. They really can kill low end power if not properly paired with the correct parts, mainly the cam profile. I would think that the Eddy on a mainly stock motor boosted or N/A, is not the way to go IMO...
So your goal is all motor no power adder?

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea im staying N/A, im going to be running a 12:1 Teksid, TFS heads, 238*/244* duration cams with the Eddy/6061 plenum.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
An eddy intake will be fine along with the proper rear gear. For example, dont expect v8 response low in the rpm's from such an intake with 3.27 gears. You effectively change the helmholtz resonance with the eddy intake and thats not a bad thing, just something to concider in the build.

punched281

Reaction score
I did the eddy, but mine is built and carbed, I spin it to around 7k at the track. I love it, but you don't see anything special at the bottom that's for sure! 96black knows his stuff, take his advice while its free!!

Sounds like a fun build!

I have a 6061 elbow I'm trying to get rid of as well, has like 10 miles on it haha

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thank you punched! Im an open book that can be read easily. My info is your info and I believe being this way helps to make a great forum!

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Now do you have to run the fabricated elbow or can you use an adaptor plate and regular throttle body and plenum?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
I have an eddy intake, flat op pistons, with cuts, 13.5:1 cr, reichard racing elbow, accufab 90mm tb and some 250* 248* sticks....

punched281

Reaction score
I have an eddy intake, flat op pistons, with cuts, 13.5:1 cr, reichard racing elbow, accufab 90mm tb and some 250* 248* sticks....

Those are top of the line bolt ons right there!

You can do either, but the adapter is hindering the performance I would think.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
No the adapter for lower rpm is fine, I will refer you to the Naturally Aspirated Modular Madness group on Facebook for info

qwikstang4me

Reaction score
The Vic Jr intake needs RPM to make power. You will lose torque to a PI intake, TFS or any other long runner intake out there. For a street car that may not be best, especially if NA. You will need a good set of heads, ported PI or TFS, to really take advantage of the Vic Jr. This intake is great for booted combos where you won't give up as much on the bottom end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online