EEC chip losing contact?

OP
OP
Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
tuning is not as easy as getting the gear to connect. I know on this forum the number of people tuning it themselves is not nearly as high as those getting tunes done for them. I decided to do my own because there was not a good tuner nearby and have wondered if I made the right decision more then a few times. Tonight in fact....
That's what I was worried about myself, so I drove 3 hours one way to have it half-assed

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was worried about myself, so I drove 3 hours one way to have it half-assed

Luckily for us around here we have a top notch tuner who is one of the best with fords. I keep telling Scott I’ll pick his up and take it to get it tuned but he don’t trust me with his moms car.

I woudnt trust me with moms car either!!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Luckily for us around here we have a top notch tuner who is one of the best with fords. I keep telling Scott I’ll pick his up and take it to get it tuned but he don’t trust me with his moms car.

I'll have to find a better tuner locally. It turns out the shop I was trying to avoid was owned by the same guy, this was just his new shop.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

I don't trust me with it. If you had picked it up and driven it down it would have only uncovered one of the many gremlins I have chased out of it, and continue to hope to chase out of it. And trying to figure out what I did where with me on the phone would have been a great time....

There is the option for remote tuning but its best if you have the ability to datalog to do this.

OP
OP
Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I don't trust me with it. If you had picked it up and driven it down it would have only uncovered one of the many gremlins I have chased out of it, and continue to hope to chase out of it. And trying to figure out what I did where with me on the phone would have been a great time....

There is the option for remote tuning but its best if you have the ability to datalog to do this.
I'll look into data logging, but there won't be a need for me to tune again for a while. The car only has a cold air intake, long tubes, full exhaust, and 3.73s. I have a nitrous kit for it but I'm not using it currently.

Reaction score
Hey guys I apologize for intruding but the intermittent stalling off and on thing is happening to me with my 97 4.6 2 valve swap to a 95 body. Swdpped the entire dash and most of the wiring harness also besides the security issue that hit first I've had issue with running like normal and then my starter goes out and after that this riding rough and on and off thing happens now is this the same thing? I openly admit I knew nothing of what I was getting into when I said let's put my 97 motor and T5 into a v6 95 body I had sitting around but it can't be that off on the wiring that all this crap keeps happening. Is it? Sorry to intrude you guys seem to know your stuff so I jumped at your convos to find answers from knowledgeable guys such as your selves......thanks if you can help.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
tuning is not as easy as getting the gear to connect. I know on this forum the number of people tuning it themselves is not nearly as high as those getting tunes done for them. I decided to do my own because there was not a good tuner nearby and have wondered if I made the right decision more then a few times. Tonight in fact....
I've been having those thoughts lately as I try to get my ECU and large injectors to play nice.

So instead I ordered a new ECU and dual widebands.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll look into data logging, but there won't be a need for me to tune again for a while. The car only has a cold air intake, long tubes, full exhaust, and 3.73s. I have a nitrous kit for it but I'm not using it currently.

Agreed that until you get into the heads/cam or boost you should be fine. Data logging isn't something that can be all that easily done on our cars unfortunately.

Hey guys I apologize for intruding but the intermittent stalling off and on thing is happening to me with my 97 4.6 2 valve swap to a 95 body. Swdpped the entire dash and most of the wiring harness also besides the security issue that hit first I've had issue with running like normal and then my starter goes out and after that this riding rough and on and off thing happens now is this the same thing? I openly admit I knew nothing of what I was getting into when I said let's put my 97 motor and T5 into a v6 95 body I had sitting around but it can't be that off on the wiring that all this crap keeps happening. Is it? Sorry to intrude you guys seem to know your stuff so I jumped at your convos to find answers from knowledgeable guys such as your selves......thanks if you can help.

Welcome to the forum. We would be happy to help and there is probably someone on here that has had the same problem. STart a new post and include as much info as you can

I've been having those thoughts lately as I try to get my ECU and large injectors to play nice.

So instead I ordered a new ECU and dual widebands.

What ecu you go with? I am struggling myself just being new to tuning and now with the colder weather adjusting the cranking parameters to get it to start up.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
What ecu you go with? I am struggling myself just being new to tuning and now with the colder weather adjusting the cranking parameters to get it to start up.

I ordered the new MS3 plug and play. Trying to get things scaled to work under the limits of the stock ECU sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online