EEC computer problems??

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
hey guys im new here, but have a question to all 94-95 owners. will a dyno tune and custom burned chip help the computer adjust to all the modifications added? i just did a motor swap with trick flow heads, cam, 1.6 rollers, 30lb injectors with 76mm C&L MAF etc and the motor surges at idle as well as being difficult to start. surging is minimal at driving speeds but what will cure this problem??

hissedoff

Reaction score
A chip and dyno tune may help, but before spending time and money on the dyno, you may want to address the surging idle beforehand. The tune probably won't cure the surging idle, as it is most likely caused by something else.

Check thoroughly for vaccum leaks, loose clamp/s in the intake tubing, anything that might possibly be the culprit. Carb cleaner sprayed in the vincinity of the suspected leak while idling may cause a stumble, meaning you have found the vaccum leak. Also, now that the motor is breathing more and you have made some significant changes, try adjusting the idle adjustment screw on the throttle body. Also, it could possibly be the IAC motor is not allowing enough air in or is allowing too much air to bypass the throttle plate. I found an IAC restrictor plate from a guy on stangnet that solved that problem on a friends car. The guy was selling them for next to nothing. Search for "IAC restrictor plate". Next, try addressing the C&L MAF. I have heard nothing but bad impressions from the people who have had them.

My car has a FAST system, and I can adjust the IAC P and D gain values to fine tune the idle. I'm not sure if the factory EEC will allow a tuner to do the same, but it's worth asking. :dunno:

Tattoogod

Reaction score
Try this.with the motor running.try "clocking" the maf till the idle smooths out. or take the maf sampling tube out to expose the wire.be VERY VERY careful not to break or bend it.and spray the crap out of it with electric contact cleaner. if you use carb spray on it..make sure it is completely dry before reinstalling it.as this method cured my idling issues perfectly.hope some of this helped.

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
thanks for the help. i adressed the problem by adjusting the IAC then i took it for a dyno tune and made a custom chip down in NC. the new crate motor runs great. but the only prob is the cats are cloged which is hurting my hp results. new o/r xpipe is on the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online