EEC Fuse Keeps Blowing - Need Advice

94mustangsvt

Reaction score
This morning I went to start my car, and I noticed the fuel pump didn't come on. I pulled the engine fuse box cover, and the 20 amp fuse for the EEC (fifth slot from the left on the top row) blew. I put in a new fuse and it started up, and I drove it to my office.

However, when I was starting it to come home it blew the fuse as soon as I put the key in the accessory position. I tried two more 20 amp fuses, but it blew both of those just the same. I've had a check engine light for a while, and the car was randomly cutting out for brief moments once warm, but I didn't have a chance to check the codes.

Any suggestions on what it could be? I'm wondering if it is the CCRM. Thanks.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The CCRM is a possibility. It has the FP relay inside. Could be the FP itself. or the ignition SW too

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my mustang wiring bible ways it powers the pcm and ccrm. I would start simple by disconnecting the harness that goes to them and inspecting it for corrosion on either side.

95opal

Reaction score
You have a direct short that's blowing the fuse, stop replacing parts and track down the short

OP
OP

94mustangsvt

Reaction score
You have a direct short that's blowing the fuse, stop replacing parts and track down the short

This ended up being the problem. I had it diagnosed at a shop then fixed it myself. The #7 injector wires were getting smashed under the Trick Flow upper intake manifold and caused an open wire. I didn't realize there was a clearance problem there until now, especially, with the 3/8" spacer. Anyways, pulled the upper off, put electrical tape on the wires, rotated the injector, and it runs great again.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good find. glad your back up and running. Now fix the bare wire the right way or it'll be back.

95opal

Reaction score
Had you mentioned an intake swap I would have suggested looking at the injector harness and could have saved ya a few dollars. Next time you come upon a problem let us know what you did leading up to the prolem so we can better help you. Otherwise its a crap shoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online