EFI Stand Alone V6

WIPR

Reaction score
Anyone installed a Stand Alone system on 3.8? Holley don’t support or have a harness. looking for solution to remove the dash and extra wiring that will allow the car to start.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
by "doesn't have a harness" do you mean one that just slides right in or that they do not support v6?s If you are considering a stand alone, get ready to do some wiring.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Actually… This wouldn’t be difficult at all.

You just buy one of their universal V8 MPFI kits and omit two of the injector pins from the harness. You dictate the number of cylinders, firing order, waste spark/distributor/coil on plug, etc in the setup sequence.

If you build it, we can help you figure how to make it run!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its been so long since I set mine up I couldn't remember for sure if there was a v6/v8 but I thought there was. But again if you were told it just plugs right in and learns and autocorrects everything on its own it is a bit more involved...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Certainly an involved process to get it to the point it can start to fill the learn table but a tuners touch is always the way to go.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
A tuners touch is always recommended but someone that is fairly confident in wiring is also needed.

OP
OP
W

WIPR

Reaction score
Per Holley tech support: need to know signal from crank sensor & cam sensor. He referenced signal type 60-2, 36-1, 16-1. Full wave etc……

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Per Holley tech support: need to know signal from crank sensor & cam sensor. He referenced signal type 60-2, 36-1, 16-1. Full wave etc……

Your car has a 36 minus 1 tooth crank trigger (36-1) and it’s easy to sort the cam/crank sensors.

OP
OP
W

WIPR

Reaction score
Thanks. I have made the commitment and purchase to move to Holley terminator-X.

I am sure I will need more technical data once I get started.
Going with small block ford kit & v6 harness.
Again thanks for everyone comments and help.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its about to get real... Just curuios, do they still make the hp? The terminator is their all out race ecu with a TON of inputs/outputs if your looking to add things on, the hp is what i have and it only has 4 inputs/out but it works for me on a street car I might get to the track one day.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Terminator also only has 4 I/O. Dominator is the all out ecu. But yes they still have the terminator, hp, and dominator.

You’re going to live the Holley. They work really well, but it’ll take some time to get it all ironed out.

I’m doing a terminator install on a procharged 89 better right now. Well, installing the procharger and the Holley.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dominator shit sorry that is the big boy. What was the difference between the terminator and hp then/.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Dominator shit sorry that is the big boy. What was the difference between the terminator and hp then/.
The HP will let you do more in the tune. And you can access some things with the hp that you can’t with the terminator.

OP
OP
W

WIPR

Reaction score
Alternator wiring question: I am planning on removing all Ford OEM wiring when I go to Stand Alone, what will I need to do for the alternator to charge correctly if anything (2000 - 3 wire with additional connector & batt)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online