EGR bolt size?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by MeanGrn Gt, May 29, 2006.

1. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

I just bought a 95 gt 3 weeks ago. I thought it had a vacuum leak and it does. For some reason the bolts that bolt the egr to the tb/intake were loose. Well actually the top bolt was completely missing and the bottom was loose with the gasket hanging out. The bottom bolt that was in it is a 8mmx1.25, but it wont tighten up like it should in either of the bolt holes. It has a 65mm tb and a cobra intake. Does anyone know what size it should be?? i have tried a bunch of standard bolts, but it must be metric. Any help is appreciated!!

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

Im sure its metric lots of the bolts on these things are.

3. MeanGrn Gt

Ya i figured it would be metric. I have no metric bolts laying around at all so ill have to pick up a few for occasions like this. It is going to be a pain getting used to metric bolts.... and having no room under the hood to work on things (my other vehicle is a 79 f 150)

4. Matt94GT

Its actaually pretty darn easy to work on. Thats one of the reasons I got a 94/95 go out and look at a 4.6L if you think this is cramped. Good luck man if you really run into issues I might beable to take it out and take a look im not 100% sure what bolt your talking about though. Eitherway im sure its the same size as the one that you had in there.

5. MeanGrn Gt

The bolts i am talking about are the two that bolt the egr to the elbow part of the intake. I was wondering if maybe a haynes/chilton manual would have the size because i havent picked one up yet. i just hope the threads are ok and just need the proper bolt.

6. Matt94GT

im sure the haynes etc manual will state it. but I think we kinda get the shaft I think the manual caters more to the 96-98 then there is foxbody 5.0 manual...let me know though.

7. MeanGrn Gt

I am going to the parts store and see if they know or not. I am going to pick up a manual too. should get it figured out

8. MeanGrn Gt

well i have to order the manual. Anyone that has one know whether it says what size it should be?

9. MeanGrn Gt

well i tried 10mm and it is too big :rant: it must have been 8mm and they stripped the threads out. i dunno what im gonna do. pry end up taking the manifold off and retapping the threads or something :nonono: