EGR Delete question

Olstangguy

Reaction score
When you delete your EGR, is it necessary to trick the PCM to avoid codes. Is there something like a MIL eliminator for this?
Maybe a resistor across the plug that is left hanging. I'm not ready to purchace a tuner at this time. I want the EGR gone
before I do the intake/cam swap now that its warm enough to work in the garage. Search function no help. Thanks

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yep, you have to turn off that code, or you get the light.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
Olstangguy said:
When you delete your EGR, is it necessary to trick the PCM to avoid codes. Is there something like a MIL eliminator for this?
Maybe a resistor across the plug that is left hanging. I'm not ready to purchace a tuner at this time. I want the EGR gone
before I do the intake/cam swap now that its warm enough to work in the garage. Search function no help. Thanks

Once you get the egr off it should throw a code... just go to an advance auto and have them delete the code free of charge.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
Olstangguy said:

Once you get the egr off it should throw a code... just go to an advance auto and have them delete the code free of charge.
then go back to advance everyday for the rest of the time you own your car and have them continue to turn it off. :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
O

Olstangguy

Reaction score
HA - That was funny. The EGR valve is ugly but I guess it's going to stay for awhile. When I think I'm done with the mods,
I'll get it tuned and get rid of that ugly puppy. Thanks for the responses.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
firstonraceday said:
Olstangguy said:

then go back to advance everyday for the rest of the time you own your car and have them continue to turn it off. :rollinglaugh:

I work at advance and Ive never had that problem :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
the computer goes threw a check every once in a while and then throws the code back up..... found that out with the mil thing with the o/r pipe. :) in about 2 days it poped it up again and again and again.... :drunk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online