EGR delete

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
I'v decided to take off my egr, after buying a complete exhaust system (1 5/8th ceramic headers, bassani catted X, flowmaster 40series catback) does anyone live in Maryland or in a strict emmisions state know if I will pass??

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
I still have my smogpump and now 2 highflow cats on the bassani X. I only took off the EGR b/c i have a 1in spacer b/w the gt40intake manifold which doesnt allow the EGR to connect. But has any one in MD or a tough emmisions state pass w/o the EGR?

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
i was gonna start a thread about my egr but since theres one started i got a ? im planning to do a smog pump delete because the egr tube doesnt connect to my o/r h pipe so can i put on fox headers without the hole for the egr? or do i still need to go with 94-95 specific headers?

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
I just moved from NOVA and it sucked getting emissions every year! They just started OBII scanning in MD right? Luckily we have an OBI so maybe you'll get lucky when you go.

ryclef331

Reaction score
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1523.0

read this topic. I put a big pile of info in there from my experience. You can short belt your smog setup but you have to plug the holes in the back of the heads with something (i used a couple of big ass bolts). You can shit can the smog pump set up and not get a CEL but the EGR is a different story. You ditch that, you're going to get a code unless you shut it off via a tune, pushing the solenoid down half way and securing it, or trick it with resistors.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
ok so if i buy the connector or trick the comp with resistors do you think deleting the whole egr will be ok? will it be worth it? or will it run less efficient?

ryclef331

Reaction score
To me, the EGR is UGLY as hell so I ditched it for that reason. Its disabled at WOT so you won't gain any power from doing it. As for efficiency, I doubt it will get any better as far as mileage goes. It entirely up to you but it will free up alot of under hood space ditching all that stuff. If you don't have a sniffer test to pass in your state/county you'll be good unless they're a-holes about the visual.

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
well how much emmisions products do we need to pass the test? i have 2 highflow cats, the smog pump is still on and im about to remove the egr. do we need cats, egr and a smog pump to pass?

ryclef331

Reaction score
VISUALLY, you need everything that the factory put on it. NOTHING can come off. However, most places don't look that in depth. If you just gotta pass a sniffer then you should get away with just having cats and a good tune (not chip and tune..tune meaning all your sensors are in good working order).

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
So how do you trick it with the resisters I would like a tune and all but im on a big time budget I got a set of never used fox shorty headers for 60$ so I cant use the egr nor do I want to its ugly along with the smog pump but I would like to know the cheapest way to get rid of the cel without a tune or a new ship the guy has a new comp he said he is selling that has a chip and all in it but its out of a fox and I don’t know what’s all involved in the switch I would pick it up as well because I herd the fox ecu takes mods a lot better than the sn95 any input

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99