egr Delete!!

Rantheman

Reaction score
SO I am thinking this route to deleting my eGr what would be benifts to this and what affect would it have

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
have you found the pieces to block everything off? i cant find them....and i heard getting the nut off the headers is the ultimate PITA

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
I know a couple that make em. so here is what they do supposably. They keep carbon out of the plenum and heads and pistons so it won't build up. keeps tempatures down in the plenum. the top end will last longer, and they say your gas milage will increase a little

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
So i am going to do it. it cheap Upr makes it there a couple on ebay and modular depot makes it

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i bought mine from Randy on ModularDepot..its just a plate and cap for the header...it cleans up the looks of the engine compartment and does help keep intake temps down which is why i did it since Eatons run hot to begin with.

97blackgt

Reaction score
Rantheman said:
I know a couple that make em. so here is what they do supposably. They keep carbon out of the plenum and heads and pistons so it won't build up. keeps tempatures down in the plenum. the top end will last longer, and they say your gas milage will increase a little
How does it increase gas mileage..doesnt the egr take unburned fuel and put it back into the manfold to be burned? And as far as keeping temperatures down, wouldnt the extra fuel being dumped cool the cylinders more? idk im just curious because if it does have all the benfits u listed i might get on myself. Thanks for the good info O0

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
i bought mine from Randy on ModularDepot..its just a plate and cap for the header...it cleans up the looks of the engine compartment and does help keep intake temps down which is why i did it since Eatons run hot to begin with.
Me too, ford parts, and under 15 bux...Cant beat it :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
how hard was it to get the tube off the headers? and you can just get the CEL from it taken off by a Xcal or other tuner right?

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Well I took my egr tube off completely But what do you do about the two small hoses the go to the little module does it come with caps for those

S

scarface

Rantheman said:
Well I took my egr tube off completely But what do you do about the two small hoses the go to the little module does it come with caps for those
I removed the module all together.
DFG_Ownz said:
how hard was it to get the tube off the headers? and you can just get the CEL from it taken off by a Xcal or other tuner right?
It will be a PITA with your long tubes. I had to remove mine to get it off.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have had my egr removed now for close to 2 years with no probs, i love how much cleaner it looks under the hood

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Im' with you

SO scarface I just take that part off and leave the electrical plug hanging

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Thanks droptop I can't find the one Randy has on modular depot

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Randy doesn't have an actual store on MD where you click on a product and order, you have to go in his forum section (Ford Parts) and make a thread...Hey Randy...I need a EGR Delete kit...then ask him how much shipped to your zip code.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online