EGR Delete?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so i saw a couple cars on here with EGR Valve Deletes..... explain this to me. i took my car to advanced and one of the codes said my EGR valve wasnt working correctly "i figured age" so i replaced it which was a quick install a tad anoying but was taken care of but then i went back and it still said this was my problem, along with o2 sensors. now i know o2s can throw other codes and all that but after replacing it and it still being there im wondering if its either my o2s throwing it off or i should look more into this delete thing.... feedback!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's not hard to remove the egr.
cap the hedder, and plate off the TB.

it will throw codes, you'll need to have that "tuned off"

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
that didnt answer my question. i told you i already did get a new EGR valve and installed it. i just said it was kinda annoying thats all.....

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
guess I missed it?

+1
but i'll see what i cant come up with to answer the mystery question. lol

The egr system has a few components..

EGR valve
EGR tube
DPFE (differential pressure.. somthing) sensor
EGR valve actuation regulator.

The EGR valve and tube you know where they are.. The DPFE is the sensor mounted on the back of the driver side cyl. head w/ the 2 hoses and the 3 wire connector going to it. this sensor basically tells the computer how much to open the valve and when to recirculate the exhaust gas.,.. The EGR valve vacuum regulator is the little black round looking thing w/ the 2 vacuum lines and 2 wire connector on it. this adjusts the vacuum to open and close the EGR valve.

The main reason I did mine was to get rid of underhood clutter and b/c i didn't have a port for the EGR tube on the turbo headers. And the fact of getting rid of the carbon from the exhaust flowing thru my intake was a big plus.

jrock02301

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
Dalamar said:
guess I missed it?

+1
but i'll see what i cant come up with to answer the mystery question. lol

The egr system has a few components..

EGR valve
EGR tube
DPFE (differential pressure.. somthing) sensor
EGR valve actuation regulator.

The EGR valve and tube you know where they are.. The DPFE is the sensor mounted on the back of the driver side cyl. head w/ the 2 hoses and the 3 wire connector going to it. this sensor basically tells the computer how much to open the valve and when to recirculate the exhaust gas.,.. The EGR valve vacuum regulator is the little black round looking thing w/ the 2 vacuum lines and 2 wire connector on it. this adjusts the vacuum to open and close the EGR valve.

The main reason I did mine was to get rid of underhood clutter and b/c i didn't have a port for the EGR tube on the turbo headers. And the fact of getting rid of the carbon from the exhaust flowing thru my intake was a big plus.
does it need a tune to operate correctly or will it just throw codes. also is there any benefit to it?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
with a handheld tuner, you can shut off the CEL that comes from deleteong the EGR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online