EGR question

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I am putting on some frpp shorty headers, and i had to cut the tube that goes from the egr valve to the passenger side header. I priced it from ford and it is like $75. I also can't find a used one. I had an idea today, but i figured that i should run it by you guys first. Some H-pipe kits have a hose that comes with them, that you can connect the smog tube to the H-pipe. I am wondering what kind of hose that is. I'm thinking that it is heater hose, but i'm not sure. Do you guys think it would work if i put a small piece of heater hose where i made the cut in the egr tube? I'm not sure how hot that tube gets, but if heater hose can handle high temp coolant, i would think that it could handle the heat from the egr tube. What do you guys think? :help2:

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
If you don't need the emissions then you should just delete it and plug the header bung. I'm not to sure the heater hose will take the heat there.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
that egr tube gets very very hot i dont think heater hose will stand up to it. if you dont need it, i would delete your smog stuff because its unnecessary if you dont have cats...its done pretty easily. all you need to do is plug the tube that goes to the back of the head, delete or plug the pump, and plug 2 vacuum lines. however, to delete the egr you need to plug the header bung and where the tube plugs into the tb...but you will throw a code. there is a connector that ive seen on ebay that you can plug in to trick the computer. but i would leave the egr intact if you can. its disabled at wot anyways.

try and find that egr tube in a junkyard im sure you can get it cheap

G_94_T

Reaction score
remove the nut from the EGR tube ,place a penny flat in the nut and carefully place it on the bung.tighten real snug and you're set.......dont laugh,ive had mine like this for 2 years and no problems

ryclef331

Reaction score
I've got the EXACT same thing on my car....3 years now.

G_94_T

Reaction score
the tube.....you'll have to cut the tube cause the ends are flared and wont let the nut slide off without cutting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online