EGR System partial throttle detonation/ running rich

Dirty-SN95

Reaction score
Alright for starters I have a 94 Mustang GT 5.0H.
Now to get to the point. I deleted the EGR system because i messed up the heat riser tube from the headers. i flipped the egr to act as a block off plate itself, had removed the EGR position sensor and pinned it half way pressed to fool the computer to thinking the egr was still functioning. i did this as a attempt for a home made egr delete kit, which worked kept the CEL off and took away the over welming gas smell except for the partial throttle detonation..
ik the egr is turned off at WOT so when cruising around town. taking off and lower rpms the ignition is breaking up or too advanced from the egr system being open, so i would upshift gear or two so i wouldnt blast off at WOT and the detonation stops. so im certain this is the egr system. openned the pin today and took it for a cruise (not for very long but was stil operating temp) and no detonation but the overwhelming gas smell is back and the CEL saying low EGR system circuit low (go figure).
im tired of endless searching to find forums with such little detail or infomation. been chasing this for months. anyone have any info or any input?
EDIT: ik i could easily just tune it out but i wanna save for a MS PNP and tune it myself when the time comes so i can throw this trick flow intake on too. so any other alternative?

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought the EGR just helped with cooling and emissions? Are you sure you do not have an leak of some type letting raw air into the exhaust and confusing the O2 sensors?

OP
OP
D

Dirty-SN95

Reaction score