Eibach pro kit coupe springs on a convertable, pro's/ cons

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I just bought a 97 cobra convertible that has stock springs. I also have a 98 GT coupe that has Eibach pro kit springs.

Will the springs from the coupe be too soft for the vert? They seem to have a pretty harsh ride on the coupe. Should I just buy new H&R super sport springs for the vert?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of driving to do? Just cruising? The spring rates between the Coupe and Conv will be a little different, but they are pretty close, especially when one takes into consideration the resulting wheel rate due to spring geometry. While I think the "official" answer is to get springs for your body style, in a pinch your coupe springs will probably be okay for normal driving (assuming everything fits up properly).

Having said that, I don't know for sure as I haven't done this. So I could be wrong, and your ride could suck.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i agree that the pro kit springs seemed a tad harsh.....of course it could be because i cut a coil off each one lol. as for h&r springs on the vert...i say do it. thats what i ran on my old gt before air ride and i loved them. nice drop and decent ride quality compared to the pro it imo. if you can afford it grab some adj shocks/struts too. my old setup was qa1 adj shocks and struts with h&r ss springs. rode perfect!

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was actually considering doing coil overs on the 98 before I got the bug for a convertible. I like to do some aggressive cornering from time to time. I plan to swap most of the suspension from the 98 to the Cobra, that's why I'm asking about the springs.

The front of the 98 has:
MM steering shaft
MM caster/ camber plates
MM solid rack bushings
MM strut tower brace
MM flsc
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Pro kit springs
Eibach sway bar
Tokiko blue struts
Poly control arm bushings
No iso's

The rear has:
Pro kit springs
Tokico blue shocks
MM HD lower control arms
J&M upper control arms
Eibach sway bar
New rubber bushings in the axle
No iso's

You can see why I think the Pro kit is harsh now but I thought it was harsh when all I had was the springs.

I pretty much blew my toy budget on the Cobra so the coil overs are out for now.

Tony, I think you are right and the H&R's are the best way to go.

I'll start a build thread soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online