Eibach Pro-kit install question

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
OK i just got a prokit, im getting caster camber plates and struts also, my question is about the spring install. Is there and easiest way to do it? maybe a cheater method or something? also is there a a certain way that the end of the last coil is supposed to face? just making sure before i go do it.

blackfang

Reaction score
Yoiu can use a chain and wrap it around the springs and hook it onto something on the car to prevent it from shooting out incase your hands arent that steady on the jack.

For the rear springs, make sure the pigtail is facing to the rear

The front's will leave marks in the perches as to where the pigtail will be facing.

Here is a good write up, but these guys did it the hardway. You do not remove the strut from the strut tower, but remove the 2 bottom bolts from the bottom where it mounts on the spindle
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/steedaspring1.htm

blackfang

Reaction score
Thay arent really needed with this drop, but it would be a good idea to have them if you do.

Whistler98

Reaction score
I had a hard time with the spring compressors and on the next car I did I took old metal hanger and wraped them around the compressed spring and once I got it in place just cut one off at a time. You have to be very careful this way and u have to use a lot of hangers.

gt96stang

Reaction score
If you take your time with lowering the front a-arm, you will not need spring compressors.. Once it is fully lowered, just work it for a little bit and it'll come right out.. I also used this install instructions as well when doing my springs..
http://www.stangnet.com/tech/spring.html

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what we did when installing mine was to follow the mustangworld how-to, but then we did what blackfang said and undo the two bottom bolts on the struts...and for the rear we took off the quadshocks and shocks instead of the LCA...took us about 3 hours, but we werent in a hurry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online